Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Hey question. Either here on the forum or on Discord or just literally anywhere we can do it over text, would someone be willing to run a game of Ironsworn for me, one-on-one? I've been dying to learn it but the rulebook is daunting and I learn best through playing anyway. I could maybe bust out the quick-start if nobody's up for it, but I'd really like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Is there a good solo RPG for being a big heavy metal badass killing their way through hordes of enemies and mooks? I'm specifically looking at a way to play the Chaos-y parts of Age of Sigmar, so very high fantasy epic barbarian type stuff. I've played a little with Scarlet Heroes and it does the job well, but I'd love to have some other options.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Soulbound doesn't have Chaos gribblies /yet/, and I'm always tense about trying out non-solo games in a solo context. Godbound might be a good pick tho, I like that game.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

1,000 Year Old Football Gag

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

A friend got me a copy from Gen Con along with the Lower Decks sourcebook (I adore it). I've since made plans to acquire the entire line *just* to supplement my Captain's Log playthroughs, and for Guided Play stuff with my friends. I really like the compatability but not adherence to STA, a system I bounced off of compared to the more fluid Captain's Log.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Starforged is, indeed, the gold standard for this kind of thing in terms of layout. It's very usable in other contexts, fortunately! I massively prefer Captain's Log's engine for Star Trek but need the more detailed stuff-building of Starforged.