Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
I made a joke about cutesy twee animal RPGs being a thing https://twitter.com/metaltxt/status/1429179288402624516?s=21
And then uh… actually made the game. It’s a journaling RPG about being a hedgehog sweater salesman. Seemed fitting for this thread right now. https://hauntedoak.itch.io/sweaters-by-hedgehog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

I’m so stoked people are into my silly little game. Somebody on itch translated it into Spanish for me too!

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Oh my gosh yes, that’s so cute.

I’m working on my next game, which is a hack on the hedgehog game but you’ll play a goblin trying to sell/scam Adventurers with random stuff he collects in a dungeon.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

HopperUK posted:

I've just realised I have to work out how a bat wears a sweater. Great big armholes and it's a sleeveless sweater-vest?

I…. didn’t think this through.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Zeenovos posted:

My friend Kass told me you were in this thread since I've been playing Sweaters by Hedgehog and loving it, and she wants me to share what I've made so uh, here's a link to the blog post I did? :sweatdrop: (I'm doing another blog post on Monday, I've got like, 29 more entries I can make in the journal I'm playing in). https://pixelladium.wordpress.com/2022/03/14/sweaters-by-hedgehog-part-1/

Heeyyyy this rules, thanks! I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Drone posted:

Speaking of Fria Ligan: my preferred shop finally has The One Ring 2nd Edition core books in stock. Wasn't Shawn Tomkin (of Ironsworn fame) supposed to be doing the solo rules chapter for this? Is it in the core book / is it good?

It’s coming in another supplement still. Shawn’s wrapping up Starforged and then doing that I believe.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Those Book of Random Tables things are bland as all hell. Stars/Worlds Without Number and googling random tables will serve you much better honestly.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

The Make A Connection move explicitly says no companions, yeah. The mechanics of bonds get a little wonky - I and a lot of other people in the discord server take it as building up a bond with a connection and eventually you can convert them to a Sidekick Companion if you want. It goes from one time bonuses to a constant bonus in a way.

Shawn seems like he didn’t want Sidekick as an available starting Asset but relented at some point.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

girl dick energy posted:

I saw a physical copy of Five Parsecs from Home while out and about the other day, and it seemed interesting, but I'm not experienced enough with solo RPGs to tell if it's what I want from a game or not. Can someone with some experience with it tell me about the pros and cons, as well as other alternatives that might catch me more if it's not what I want?

Five Parsecs is a solo minis based wargame more than RPG. It’s a whole different animal really.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

I don’t think they’ve actually made anything before this?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Also, can we feature any goon-made games? If you've published or shared a solo RPG, please let Skye know so we can link it.

I made Sweaters By Hedgehog because of a joke somebody on SA made about indie games all being obnoxiously twee or obnoxiously ultraviolent for a while: https://hauntedoak.itch.io/sweaters-by-hedgehog

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

I haven’t yet made the ultraviolent flip side to it yet, where you play as SCUMFUCK the Barbarian: Cursed with immortality and just trying to find the right magical sword that will let him kill himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

You mean Sweaters for Hedgehog isn’t both twee and ultraviolent? :mad:

In a shocking twist SCUMFUCK the Barbarian is a hedgehog…