Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Project ECCO just released today and I've played a few prompts already. I'm digging it so far! I was mainly drawn to it because I have a lot of empty dated planners to use up, but I think I'm gonna get some good enjoyment out of it. I'm more of a "discover the character as you write" kind of player so I'm having fun figuring out what kind of agent I want to be and what my Agency is like. I haven't really dug into the meat of the prompts yet, but I'm excited, I wasn't expecting the physical side of "you may have to destroy a page" but that's a neat feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Thanks for posting this because What Lies Beneath looks like it's up my alley.

I agree with the other suggestions that you are likely looking for gamebooks.

However solo rpgs that are more self contained games than strictly journaling prompts is an interest of mine so I'll make a list of the ones I've found here:

I've read and reviewed Across a Thousand Dead Worlds on my blog here: https://nightmarethoughts6.blogspot.com/search/label/Across%20a%20Thousand%20Dead%20Worlds

Thanks for these, a lot of them look super interesting.

I actually did a playthrough of the Drifter yesterday, but had an insane luck streak that gave me a session where I picked up 1 bounty, turned it in for a higher than posted reward, found an abandoned stage coach with a cache of $260 and then stumbled on an escaped prisoner whose reward pushed me over $300 and I won the game without any hardship or a single round of combat, lol.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I've already got the digital versions of Starforged, but I think having something physical would be nice and encourage me to actually play it. Do I need to go all in and get the deluxe rule book and have it next to me the whole time I play a session, or can I get by with the reference book and just use the PDF for the full rules as needed?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Cool sounds good, thanks. The deluxe book would be nice to have but I just imagined what the shipping on a 400 page hardcover might be like and decided maybe not, lol.