Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Has anyone tried this on windows 7? I'd give it a go but it claims to require 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

s1ppycup posted:

FWIW, I asked the dev about this and their reply was: "It should run on win 7, i just haven't tested it officially."

Good enough for me to throw :10bux: at it!

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Definitely works on windows 7. I had some trouble with zaxis stuff thoughout the tutorial but the game is really cool. I like all the systems and the pacing. After playing a few rounds against the ai, I wish there was a faster ship class or the option for much better radars as the scouting options seem limited and you can waste 10 minutes chasing nothing, but I feel like this is just a balance thing. Really neat overall, would recommend so far.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Yea, the whole setting waypoints in 3D has been a consistent complaint of mine thoughout the beta: https://twitch.tv/videos/917183115

Honestly its a really serious UI challenge so I have sympathy but it really sucks.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Tomn posted:

Anyone have any thoughts about designing tanky ships? I find that even with a Solomon with lots of damage control it's not that hard for a heavy ship to be rendered combat ineffective, though the heavier the ship the more effort it takes to actually finish it off. Like, a battleship vs roughly its point value in heavy cruisers seems to lose pretty consistently simply because the more it gets shot up the less it's able to fight back in short order while one of the enemy cruisers is free to do whatever it wants without hindrance. Also embarrassing when an early shot plugs one of your reactors and your entire weapons array goes completely offline. Feels like designing something to take hits just doesn't work very well?

Ewar, PD, and cover are your best defensive layers. If you get in a brawl it kinda doesn't matter how tanky the ship is, it will go down quick and its kinda down to luck. Damage control works best when you are eating pokes from a medium/long range