Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Which ones are the smaller hulls? Maybe a destroyer would work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Running at near-100% energy use raises the chance that a single penetrating hit leads to a cascade of deactivated modules; even if the enemy misses the main reactor they might hit a secondary power plant or a reactor control room or something and then you’re dead in vacuum before you’re even really dead in vacuum.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Correct, you can’t path semi-actives around things. But it’s not that much micro; the same way you want to have fire-control lock when you’re shooting guns at something, you illuminate the enemy with your targeting radar and then fire your salvo.

The Bullseye radar is both detection and fire-control radar, better than the internal radars at the cost of taking up a slot and being outside the armor.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I was almost certain the Bullseye did help locate targets in some way despite the in-game description and stats suggesting it didn’t, but I’d have to fire the game up to check for sure

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The recent update buffed CLs a bit and added new maps!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That looks sick, but I guess my question is whether that randomization is just cosmetic or if it will have gameplay impact, and if it’s the latter, whether people end up repeatedly adding and deleting a hull until it’s randomly one that they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Fair! I’m psyched for new ship layouts.