Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I've discovered this recently and I absolutely love it. Could be 'Homeworld: Tactics' just without the ip stamp.

I started out with a bb just to practice and get my feet under me with different weapons.

Now that I kinda know how to approach on certain maps in the radar shadow of asteroids with a picket/spotter Corvette, there is nothing more hilarious in this world than popping out from under the back of a point already inside beam range on multiple targets and watching them attempt to scatter while being rapidly melted in turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Did my first round as osp last night with a pair of ocellos, really liking these things. Being able to mix and match tech seems really good, though I haven't got a good handle on the osp module capabilities yet- what makes their jammer better? 3k on a single ocello seems nuts though

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

This game slaps. Shredding swarms of goblin clippers with rpf will never not be hilarious.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Arghy posted:

Happened to be reading the expanse then saw this randomly on youtube and it looks amazing and totally scratches my space sim itch but i'm afraid to buy it now as i don't have the free time haha. Surprised this isn't more popular, i'm totally gonna grab it once some more content drops.

Anyone got personal youtube channels been vicariously enjoying it by watching all the videos released every day.

Now would be a good time since there's been such a big drop and there probably won't be another for a good long while. Dev team is like 5 folks workin part time

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Goddamn does this game ever slap.

An underappreciated gem, best spaceship tactics game of all time. Really welcoming, tight-knit community if anyone feels like it might be their thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Saros posted:

The best way to learn missiles is to take a 3000pt container spamship which can chuck 10-12 per salvo. You can fit hundreds of them and if a single salvo doesn't work just throw another. You can also learn waypointing to get multiple salvos on target easier because of the lower speed.

My container salvos are basically standardised as (fired in this order), relatively fast containers

2x cheap active radar containers to soak early pd
1x Decoy carrying active radar container
2x radiation seeker container
1x decoy active radar container
2x active radar container
2+ active/radseek/whatever

This can get at least 1-2 through most of nets and if you stack multiple salvos with time on target you're gonna wreck someone's day.

You also have waaaaay more containers than they have pd missiles and decoys so you can harass with 1-2 container salvos and their ships will pop all their decoys etc.

Would you be willing to share a fitted out containership .fleet file on discord? I'm finding it impossible to stay out of lobbys long enough to actually overcome the choice paralysis of the missile editor