Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Yes team games are the default, you can set the points however you want and at around 2-3kpt a single battleship is a valid strat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

To be fair until now there was no real reason to worry about the comms and radar emissions because they had such a minimal impact on you getting detected.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I'm... Impressed but also somewhat dubious they can pull it off in a satisfying way.

Then again they have done a really good job so far so maybe the hype is real.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yeah the problem with it is the MP is fun but is just brutal because everyone who does it has seemingly been playing nonstop since the first release and the nature of the game means even small skill and ship design advantages translates to a total stomp very easily.

By the way anyone got missile or ship designs to share?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Did they end out following through on the semi randomised weapon mounts because I can't imagine that going down well with the target audience.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Shipping containers with hydrazine rockets bolted on is my new favorite type of ship to ship weapon bar none.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I might have to actually learn to be not terrible at this after all.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I play games like this specifically to avoid that exact sort of micro hell.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

The best way to learn missiles is to take a 3000pt container spamship which can chuck 10-12 per salvo. You can fit hundreds of them and if a single salvo doesn't work just throw another. You can also learn waypointing to get multiple salvos on target easier because of the lower speed.

My container salvos are basically standardised as (fired in this order), relatively fast containers

2x cheap active radar containers to soak early pd
1x Decoy carrying active radar container
2x radiation seeker container
1x decoy active radar container
2x active radar container
2+ active/radseek/whatever

This can get at least 1-2 through most of nets and if you stack multiple salvos with time on target you're gonna wreck someone's day.

You also have waaaaay more containers than they have pd missiles and decoys so you can harass with 1-2 container salvos and their ships will pop all their decoys etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

Would you be willing to share a fitted out containership .fleet file on discord? I'm finding it impossible to stay out of lobbys long enough to actually overcome the choice paralysis of the missile editor

https://discord.com/channels/409638848302153728/948127452721463337/1207184648489148486

Its a bit out of date - you might need to do some fiddling to fix the power issue it seems to have sprouted since last time I used it, I think it uses a laser pd or something you could pull.

[e] And now I got the bug and updated it.

https://discord.com/channels/409638848302153728/948127452721463337/1207189303491301446

Saros fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 14, 2024