Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

BurntCornMuffin posted:

That's the conclusion I'm coming to as well. Beams and missile swarms really seem to be the kings of this game. The projectiles can't match beam damage, and while the 450mm and rails could outrange beams on a fast BB, they still to need to deal with missile swarms and jams and tend to need a spotter to really capitalize on range advantages.

One could do worse than take the default beam destroyer fleet, replace the secondary guns with more missiles, and call it a day. The ewar vette in that fleet owns as well.

I've ended up using that ECM Corvette alot in fleet designs as it's wonderfully built and doesn't cost too much. I suspect the reason that TF doesn't take extra missiles is that the compounding cost of the VLS cells combined with the the missiles to put in it are pricy as hell.

I'm glad I've picked up this game, though I am a bit intimidated on the multiplayer front as I am not one for micro, and I tend to like to keep ships in a collective formation instead of microing them all spread out. I can kinda imagine doing it for Spotter/Sniper setups but even then I feel like I am going to lose ships when I'm not looking.

Edit: Quick question but what does 'Hook Track' do?

SkySteak fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU