Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

LostCosmonaut posted:

The secret to beam destroyers is battleshorting the beams, IIRC they have some modifier that gives them a much lower chance of burning out. My experience in MP is that beam destroyers played right are utterly horrifying.

I've only been playing around with ship design so far, and hearing how good lasers are makes me glad, because I'v spend some time to make a small fleet that's just a heavy beam cruiser supported by two beam destroyers, both with faster-then-normal engines and jammers to make targeting them harder.

If I can find the time to actually play, I want to see how much I hosed up designing when actually using that strike force

(For example, my beam cruiser is constantly at 98% energy used while the destroyers are at a less insane ca. 80-90%, so in theory the destroyers can lose one of their smaller support reactors and still going. Is using all your energy bad? Are the combo of PD and jammers enough to survive missiles? I don't know! I guess I will learn.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
poo poo. Well, if this idea doesn't work out, I'll simply design a pure EW-frigate and put three of them in support, one for each beam ship. Then I can massively reduce energy costs by ripping out the very expensive jammers in the main ships. that should lead to some redundancy.