Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'd like to learn how to take better pictures (landscape), but classes, at least the stuff I see, NatGeo type things are like a million dollars it seems like. What are some alternatives? Are there clubs where people go on local trips to take pictures and compare notes on how to do so better?

Coming into this thread hot after not posting here in years but MoMA has a free course that is actually very good and I highly encourage people to take it! It's led by the curator of photography and goes well beyond your typical "rule of thirds" technical kind of poo poo. They provide some great literature on photography and some great videos for no cost. It's not exclusively about landscapes but there are definitely some good things to take away from it.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/photography#enroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU