Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I hosed around with hard drives and somehow my lightroom catalog basically lost itself and found itself and I've lost all the edits and keywords to all my photos since May.

A good lesson to learn now rather than later I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I think it's more indicative of how awards are dolled out right now

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...-world?sc=18&f=

These aren't interesting either.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

cats posted:

I have an etiquette question. Yesterday I took photos at my stepson's high school football game, just for fun and to get some practice with sports photography. We were the visiting team, and there was one other photographer taking photos for the home team's school, he was chill, we chatted a bit and he gave me his business card.

The game was a blowout for the home team, so I have a lot more decent shots of those kids. If any of them end up being keepers, I thought maybe their parents might like to have a few nice photos for free. It's a pretty small, rural school. Would it be weird to reach out to the other photographer and ask if he can send them to the parents? Then again, I checked out his website and his photos are better than mine (and he sells them) so part of me feels like I would be overstepping/butting in on his business.

E: thought about it some more and I don't think it's a good idea.

Honestly I'd just reach out to him and say thanks for the chat and maybe something might come out of it where you're their backup in case they need coverage or something -- but don't expect anything more or push anything.

If any of the other team photos turned out good you can still use em for your portfolio so they're not all wasted v :) v

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Black and White 100%

The Colour version with that band of colour midway through the top is distracting and takes away from the texture of the photo.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

xzzy posted:

In case you needed any further evidence that photo competitions are fuckin' garbage:

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/features/sports-photographer-of-the-year-gives-pro-advice-on-shooting-dramatic-speedy-action

https://photoawards.com/winner/zoom.php?eid=8-1666023314-22

(tl;dr: a composite won sports photo of the year for some organization who is clearly run by jokers)

It's not even a good picture.

I don't even know where to begin with this stuff. I'm kind of at a loss for words really. His instagram has 3k followers. I dunno. Weird all around.

Getting weird feelings about how access is one of the main drivers of "great" known photographers. Such is life. (Peter McKinnon redbull eclipse shot etc etc)

Slotducks fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 26, 2024