Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

tk posted:

I’d be awfully surprised if somebody was in a position to see either my wall or coffee table.

I'm looking at them right now and wow how do you live like this jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Megabound posted:

The Dorkroom Discord
A few of us hang out in The Dorkroom Discord too. You can join in, have a chat, post some photos and get some critique. If you want a more direct conversation, or you’re feeling intimidated about postin your photos here please join us, we’re friendlier than we seem! https://discord.gg/98XxqMB

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Hello hi and chat

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I don't know anything so don't take my word for it but that kind of looks like the color you see on coated lenses

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
What's the cheapest mirrorless with a viewfinder?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Used is better actually. I'm just looking for something with interchangeable lenses and a somewhat usable viewfinder for as cheap as possible. My kid wants a "real" digital camera but my dslr is too heavy and I don't want to hand him a $2000 camera body

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Ziggy Smalls posted:

The early m4/3 olympus om-d cameras are surprisingly cheap

I think this might be the one. Thanks so much

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
keh.com is 10% off most everything right now and is reputable for used gear. Do you know what you want size wise? Like is a DSLR too bulky?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

ishikabibble posted:

IMO mirrorless is just straight up easier to grasp for someone new to photography. Not just autofocus, but what you see in the viewfinder being the actual image you're going to capture, focus peaking, live histograms, etc etc...

DSLRs are still plenty good, but there is definitely much more of a learning curve to actually using them effectively.

I'm terrible at photography so maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I agree that having a lot of information that's indecipherable to a new photographer is an easier learning curve than a viewfinder

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

afen posted:

Bought a box of camera stuff for about $60 at an auction, apparently this is a somewhat special lens! Well, I guess I'm into photography now as well, as if I need another expensive hobby!

holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Superia 1600