Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Twenties Superstar posted:

whats your preferred approach for putting up and collapsing a tripod personally i like to unfasten everything then pull each leg one by one. back the other way just push them all in at once and lock up

My preferred approach is to leave it at home because I’m probably not going to take it out anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Does it count if it comes with a view?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Same. It's a prompt I have in the back of my mind when I go out to shoot and I take it as an opportunity to try to see something new or shoot a scene I might otherwise walk by. I use it to augment my normal sense of what I should shoot.

Same. Sometimes I'll look through my catalog and see if there's anything I want to reshoot in a different way to fit, but for the most part it gives me a different way to look at things as I'm walking around.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I very much enjoy behind-the-scenes vacation pictures because that’s how I remember vacation. Everything’s crowded, you’re waiting, the view is obstructed, half the poo poo is under construction, you’re waiting, the weather sucks, somebody is tired, etc. And you love every minute and can’t wait to do it again.

Here’s some from Ireland.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I thought guns were illegal down there.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Megabound posted:

you'd be surprised just how many people will notice a photo on your wall or a stack on the coffee table.

I’d be awfully surprised if somebody was in a position to see either my wall or coffee table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

LiterallyATomato posted:

I live in a lovely suburb outside of Seattle. I'm always afraid of trying street because I'm afraid people will think I'm some kind of pervert (I'm trans, so bigots have that perception of me already,) or that someone will assault me or break my camera.

Industrial areas could work.

Do you know any examples of anyone who shoots suburbia hellscapes? I'm curious to see examples.

https://www.robinlayton.com/products/the-lake

There’s an absolutely obnoxious amount of stuff to shoot around here. I usually just choose a green spot on the map and go check it out.

Early morning is a good time to explore the downtown areas nobody gets up until like 9.