Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, for $1200 you might be able to grab a user Canon R body and a 50 1.8. Can't go wrong with that.

when I first got my R this was also the lens I had (adapted EF)

the R is an underrated camera imo. yeah it’s been superseded but it’s still capable of incredible results (just check out my photos :smugmrgw:)

I’d one day love to upgrade but the upgrade path isn’t quite obvious. it seems like it fits somewhere between an R5 and R6, and the R6II seems like an excellent camera for a lot of reasons but it’s a good chunk of change for ultimately what wouldn’t be a huge step up. it’s not really like I’m all of a sudden gonna be taking better photos if I got it, altho better autofocus, dual slots, and better low light performance would be welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

afen posted:

Had another look at the 135mm lens and it does look like the threads are messed up.

Blasted through a roll of cheap Fujifilm 400 with the Canon just to see if it works at all, and nothing great came out of it. Probably didn't help that I went through the whole roll before I realized that the rangefinder is out of whack.

voted 5 coz of 135