Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
Is it relatively easy to attach the lens once you have the bellows made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
Speaking of ICM, this popped up today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2rGplgQ3cA

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
Has anybody ordered from Nations Photo Lab recently? There's a message that they are printing orders as fast as possible but aren't providing estimated completion dates due to covid. I'm not in a rush but now that I've ordered one I just want it to be here.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

Nigel Tufnel posted:

I have lost all my photography motivation over the last few weeks.

Picked up the Meyerowitz ‘how I make photographs’ book to hopefully give me some inspiration.

How do you guys get out of slumps?

Books and looking at other people's pictures are always good. Sometimes I just end up doing other hobbies and eventually something piques my interest and I get a reason to go back to taking photos. It could be inspiration from looking at other people's work, last week for me it was the first time I've seen snow so late that everything was either in bloom or had full foliage.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
Random question, who here knows cursive writing? I learned as a kid but it’s at the point where the dinosaurs in my state legislature are fighting to mandate that it stays in the curriculum.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

Fools Infinite posted:

When I took the GRE a decade ago they had a statement you needed to write in cursive and then sign, but I don't think they were enforcing it very strictly. Is that still a thing?

That rings a bell. I had to write something out today and couldn’t decide if I should go with my childlike printing or slightly less childish cursive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
I got to a point where I followed enough local people that every other month or so somebody will be looking for a second shooter. Probably not the best way to go about it but it's a start.