Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Last month I put in a ton of effort to move from Lightroom Classic to Cloud. It was a nightmare. The importer tool broke the first time around and then it wouldn't let me run it again. So I had to jump through a ton of hoops but eventually got everything uploaded. Then realized Cloud just ignored my entire folder structure so I lost all that organization.

It's been good for about a month.

Got an email yesterday saying "We’re reaching out again to remind you that because you haven’t had a subscription that includes cloud storage in over a year, your Lightroom cloud content will be permanently deleted in 7 days.". Which isn't true at all. Contacted support and they were like "lol whoops didn't mean that." I still don't trust support so I'm trying to make sure I don't lose anything if they delete all my poo poo in a week. Cherry on top is they offer an exporter tool that is also straight up broken.

Either way, I'm just going to say gently caress it, lose all the effort I put over the last month resorting my library and poo poo, and going back to Lightroom Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
lol just gently caress Adobe Cloud.

All my photos got deleted.

Edit: Or not. Who the gently caress knows. I opened Lightroom cloud and it told me I had ~2500 photos, instead of ~20,000. Took several minutes before the number of photos changed. Either way, I'm out. This poo poo is too stressful.

huhu fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 3, 2023

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

clockworkjoe posted:

I am alternating between still photography and practicing with a gimbal for video. I have to take the camera strap off every time I use the gimbal since it gets tangled up. Is there a good strap I can clip on and off the little triangle hooks?

Peak Design camera strap

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
If you're ever in Mexico City, there's an entire street just for camera gear. There are tons of little shops selling second hand cameras.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/camera+store/@19.4361748,-99.1362405,17.59z/data=!4m2!2m1!6e6?entry=ttu

Picked up a Pentax (Asahi) K1000 with a 50mm F2 lens for about $200 USD.

But bring your own film, holy poo poo it's expensive here.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
untitled-00006 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

For Sale in Mexico City.