Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Hello Dorkroom chat thread,

Apologies in advance if this isn't a good place to ask, feel free to point me in a more appropriate direction.

My work is hosting an event this summer and we're wanting a way for participants to easily submit photos taken with mobile devices that I can later turn into a photomosaic. I have the mosaic part down no problem, my question is:

Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations for a way to collect photographs from several people? I was thinking of posting a QR code around our event that they could scan, sending them somewhere where they could then upload their photos.

I know I can create a public Google Drive folder to do this, the only "problem" is it requires a Google account to access. Most folks in this field have one, but there will be some older folks/fuddy-duddies who don't have a Google account and won't want to make one. If there's a simpler avenue, please let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Fire up a google voice number and have everyone text their photos to that number. Its easy for you, everyone should already be familiar with thr process of texting pictures, and no one needs any extra software or logins to anything.

On the backend you'll be able to see all the text strings in the google voice web interface, so you can just flip through them and right click save as all the images to wherever you want

Oh man, that's perfect. I already have a Google voice number that I'm no longer using for it's original purpose so that's already done. Thank you so much!