Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How does PAL/NTFS work if I get a north american 360 in Europe. I want to sit on my couch and play Forza 4/lost odyssey forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Saoshyant posted:

Why would you get an American system in Europe? There's probably no difference these days due to modern power supplies supporting the whole electric range and HDMI solving the old 50/60hz matter, but still, getting a local system should be much cheaper than try to source an American one.

Oh I literally own a NA system. Was wondering if it'd be worth bringing over considering I own a bunch of games for it already

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Barudak posted:

Be careful, as the the NA power brick of the 360 will immediately die a permanent horrible death if you don't plug it into a correct power convertor. It was not a great day for a younger member of my family to learn why using presents before you've been actually given them is a duuuuumb move.

Also related, what games are you planning to use on it. Lost Odyssey is back compatible with a better version, so if a lot of your titles are it might be a better idea to upgrade.

Pretty much just lost odyssey and Forza 4. Probably dark souls but I have those on steam now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cool, I'll look at getting a power converter I guess. Will have to wait until I can go back to north america to get it. The consoles are sitting in my parents' basement doing nothing since I left so why not