Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The woke agenda has gone too far.

E:

Outrail fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Harry_Potato posted:

Something fishy with these guys.

Whoof, I can handle a lot of weird foods, but I was not ready for this one at this point in the morning :ohdear:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Upsidads posted:

We haven't even touched my world of plant based dogs and sausges

Lol I don't post those because it seems like cheating. If you're trying to replicate meat with plant stuff, appearance should take a back seat to flavor and texture - and it's a lot harder to guess at the flavor and texture of plant based stuff visually, at least to me. So I just grant it all a pass

Grew up eating and still eat the Morningstar Farms veggie corn dogs though. Always seemed perfectly fine to me tbh

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:gritin:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

A poppyseed bun comes covered in nature's jimmies

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Grew up eating and still eat the Morningstar Farms veggie corn dogs though. Always seemed perfectly fine to me tbh

Morningstar makes such good veggie stuffs, we still buy them even though my partner isn't veggie anymore

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, those Morningstar corn dogs kick rear end, I think they're the only meat substitute I've tried that I could confuse for the real thing. It's basically cheat mode since hot dogs are pretty seasoned and processed, and the fried batter helps a lot, but they're still great.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Beyond Meat brats loving rule, especially if you fry em up with peppers and onions

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Whoof, I can handle a lot of weird foods, but I was not ready for this one at this point in the morning :ohdear:

i can handle the salmon log but i'm just not sure how well it will go on a bun with ketchup, mustard and onions

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Johnny Truant posted:

Morningstar makes such good veggie stuffs, we still buy them even though my partner isn't veggie anymore

I'm not vegetarian and it's NOT a replacement for a real burg, but I do enjoy a Morningstar black bean burger for something different.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a great black bean burger is better than an ok beef burg for sure

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Mozi posted:

i can handle the salmon log but i'm just not sure how well it will go on a bun with ketchup, mustard and onions

Do it with some cream cheese, capers, and sliced tomato and onion.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
So is there really some accursed locale where sprinkles are called "jimmies"?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SavageMessiah posted:

Parts of the northeastern US, I think.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

SavageMessiah posted:

Specifically the long chocolate sprinkles are jimmies (according to my family in Massachusetts)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

SavageMessiah posted:

https://dialectsurvey.wordpress.com/2020/04/13/q84-what-do-you-call-the-little-sweet-pellets-that-you-might-put-on-ice-cream/

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Rubber Chicken posted:

Specifically the long chocolate sprinkles are jimmies (according to my family in Massachusetts)

Yeah like I said, there's a hot dog with jimmies and one with rainbow sprinkles. It's new england so you know it's a race thing somehow

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

I like how they're usually only jimmies under really specific circumstances and people have very contradictory notions of those circumstances. Do elongated, chocolate jimmy-callers get into fights with spherical, rainbow jimmy-callers? If they don't they should. For my entertainment.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Captain Hygiene posted:

I tasted a similar product at the gourmet grocery. Oh, a hot dog sample I thought. Then I realized I was in the seafood section as I spit it out.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I occasionally want to get meat replacement stuff at the grocery store but every time I check it's so much more expensive than meat. I'm not paying $10 for a few 2.2 ounce black bean + cheap filler burgers that are barely healthier than ground beef. That's incredibly stupid so I don't buy it.

If that stuff was actually cheaper than meat I'd get it all the time.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just make your own! Use any grain as a binder with a ton of sauteed onions and peppers diced really fine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hmmm, not a bad idea.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I got a fava bean based burg recipe that is crazy good. Uses like tvp and mushrooms and stuff. I can honestly say I prefer them to any but the most bodacious real burgers.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

I got a fava bean based burg recipe that is crazy good. Uses like tvp and mushrooms and stuff. I can honestly say I prefer them to any but the most bodacious real burgers.

don't leave us hanging! post it!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Rubber Chicken posted:

It's the same way in Philly, and I really hope it's not some racist rear end poo poo that's a hold over from years ago. Rainbow sprinkles, Chocolate Jimmies.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Morningstar breakfast sausage links have been my guilty pleasure since I was a kid.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SavageMessiah posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We went for icecream and there were jimmies all over the parking lot. Disgusting

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
in soviet russia, jimmies eat world

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Hail Jimmies

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Outrail posted:

Hail Jimmies

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5ZlJC9uMlA/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nothing a little catsup and mayo can't fix

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had one a couple weeks ago. It wasn't bad. It had the correct amount of pierogis. It also sold out by the 3rd inning.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Smugworth posted:

Yeah, other than looking pretty dry and possibly the pierogis falling out all over the places, looks like a fine dog.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Smugworth posted:

Post the worst burgers and hot dogs itt: Nothing a little catsup and mayo can't fix

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Outrail posted:

Post the worst burgers and hot dogs itt: Nothing a little catsup and mayo can't fix

There are some horrors that even a little ketchup or mayo can't fix.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What about a lot of ketchup or mayo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Captain Hygiene posted:

What about a lot of ketchup or mayo?

That would be one of those horrors, yes