Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

This one just looks like a nicer Big Mac. Would try it.

What? No, that looks absolutely nothing like a Big Mac, and it doesn't look "nicer" either. I'm not even a fan of Big Macs, but what the hell is this post :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I mean maybe if Big Macs actually looked like their picture, you'd have a point.

It looks like neither, stop being an insane person

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Why the hell isn't that cheese melting?

Wait a sec...

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

"Pizza In A Burger In A Pizza"

Except I see *maybe* half a burger here, and zero pizzas.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

bus hustler posted:

lets back it up and all mock this guy for not knowing its cole slaw

my dude...

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
How has no one mentioned Wienerschnitzel yet in the bad fast food chain discussion?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Why is milk the 4th ingredient in these? Is that normal?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

bagual posted:

i've moved to podunk nowhere here in brazil for a job and now half of ifood looks like it's delivering straight from the deep web

My company has a large office in Brazil. I haven't been sent down there for work myself, but a few of my coworker friends have. They all have come back traumatized by the food. When I ask for details they never want to elaborate, but these threads help me understand.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

sarujin_nz posted:

Second largest fast food burger chain here in Australia, a quality 'ham'burger.

It's so bizarre how anemic and tiny this thing looks, especially when you consider how this is a promotional photograph. Most of the other garbage posted in this thread at least seems to look like it was made by a generous, albeit misguided, chef. This thing looks like a sandwich my mom would make for me in grade school after realizing we're out of almost everything but there's no time to run to the store.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, carbs on carbs is a food sin. It's hardly just the Brits and Aussies who are guilty though. Here in California you'll find a ton of fast food items prefixed with the state's name, which can sometimes indicate that it contains added avocado, but more often than not just means that it's jammed full of french fries. It's obviously a cost saving measure to sell the cheapest ingredients for the same price as a proper food item, but the name makes chumps think they're getting a local treat.

Yes, let me sit down and enjoy this giant flour tortilla filled with potato and rice #JustCaliforniaThings

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 6, 2021

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Ninurta posted:

Are you seriously dissing California/Mission Burritos? If it's not the size of my forearm, weighing more than a Chihuahua and includes 12 red and green salsa cups then I am just not having it. Plus it's enough food for 2 meals.

You bet your rear end I am seriously dissing them. They're just 2 lbs of flavorless calories. There's a reason they come with all that salsa.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'm curious as to your definition of "bread"

Tortillas are bread. The flour ones at least.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If I ever become president I'm going to launch a military campaign to permanently take corn, mayo, and shoestring fries away from brazil as these are things they clearly cannot be trusted with

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Smugworth posted:

Brazil makes burgs the same way dorks make monster girl fanart

I'd say it's more like starting with a normal burger and hitting the randomize button in the Dark Souls character creation screen over and over

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Yeah this is what people eat in North America too :nallears: did you really think we eat feedstock? we throw away enough edible food to feed the world

In the US people pretty much only eat sweet corn when eating it directly (as opposed to eating cornmeal in a tortilla or something). But in a lot of other countries it's common to eat the starchy, non-sweet type. When I was in China I grabbed a roasted corn on the cob from a street vendor and my Chinese friend was like "Are... you sure you want that?" I'm like why wouldn't I, it's just corn on the cob lol, then I took the first bite and was very surprised with what I got.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

knuthgrush posted:

we need to go deeper...

but wait... what if the CORN WAS THE BURGER?!

I mean, at least it's not loose anymore

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

So was it any good? I assume that if a Chinese street food vendor was selling it, then it’s probably pretty tasty.

Eh, it wasn't bad I guess, but I'd hardly call it good either. It kinda struck me as a subsistence food, something whose purpose is to pack as many calories into a little handheld thing as possible. It's probably nice if you're walking around all day and need some energy, but a tasty treat it is not.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Robobot posted:

All chili is stew.

Chili is a stew partially defined by its absence of certain things, one of those things being carrots

edit: you loving rear end in a top hat

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 18, 2021

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mozi posted:

isn't that just a way of saying 'may you fall down and fart?'

Sounds like the standard experience after consuming a fully loaded dogão

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0p3aFQk1kY

Yes it is technically off-topic but I am very confused and have nowhere else to turn for answers

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
guys, that lovely crepe video I posted was from Thailand, not Brazil

@Brazil if you think you can make a nastier crepe than that I would love to see it no cheating

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Lollerich posted:

Why is Korean food with very few exceptions just complete loving poo poo? It's always either too greasy, too spicy, too sweet or just too plain weird or all of the aforementioned. What went wrong with Korean food culture? It always just seems like they decide to just throw all kinds of garbage together which ends up looking barely edible. I mean I suppose you can eat it if you choose to , it's probably going to hit one or several of your taste buds in a way that will make it feel acceptable..., but almost all korean food just looks really bad and/or unhealthy.
I'm not a food snob by any stretch of the imagination, and I try a lot of things and I like to cook for other people and I try experimenting with all kinds of cuisine and ingredients - but Korean just seems like it's either really unhealthy or just terrible in every other way?
Why?
Every Korean recipe looks like they are putting up a show - look what we have sitting around and can throw into this mess! The street food videos are especially bad, but look at all the other regular recipes you'll find online or on youtube or whatever. It's all terrible!

My dude have you ever had military stew

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Dijon mustard on uncooked dough..?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I mean, that mixture of ingredients wouldn't even be bad if only they were just configured differently. Whoever built this sandwich did so with hatred in their heart.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Everything about that burger signifies that it's an absolute pain in the rear end to assemble, so no there's no one weird loophole doctors hate it with just making a billion of them

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I swear I can hear this plate of food telling me to go gently caress myself

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Lascivious Sloth posted:

This would be great with one more slice of pineapple and sauce to balance it out.

As yes, nothing like a mouthful of white bread soaked in pineapple juice

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

Let that burger sit in a plastic bag in the tank of a prison toilet for a couple weeks and you got yourself some good wine

At least in prison they usually have the decency to filter it with a sock

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Sure it's fine to resort to a fork and knife for an especially sloppy burger, but putting sauce on the top of the bun is just a deliberate attack on the person being served.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
That's what it wants. You're only making it stronger.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

I tried to go to Flo's hot dogs in Maine three times this summer and it was closed every time, which is by far the worst hot dog experience. Especially because I live in Kentucky

The specialty of the house there is a steamed natural casing dog with Mayo, celery salt and a house relish. It looks gross but is delicious. Also they refuse to put ketchup on a hot dog unless it's for a small child which is awesome.

bro that's marmite

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

It's illegal for two hotdogs to touch each other in Alabama.

Well you're in luck, these dogs are guaranteed by EU regulations to be at least, and at most, 3 German millimeters apart from one another at all times

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

Some interesting developments in international burg technique

Brazil

Looks hard to eat due to the strange and unnecessary double-wide structure, but otherwise there are no objectionable ingredients and everything looks properly cooked. 6/10

The weird little goblin peppers are disconcerting and unwelcome, but the rest of it seems fine. Maybe too much melty white cheese but some people are into that. The greens at the bottom look like a sad afterthought. Did someone nibble on the patty before taking this photo? If so, not the restaurant's fault. If not, what's going on here? 0.5 points removed for serving it on an insultingly small paper plate. 6.5/10

A pile of mush. There might be a hamburger patty hidden within, but I'd prefer not to make assumptions. None of the ingredients seems to be outright heinous, but I feel like I'd need a wide straw to consume this thing. 3/10

Way too much melted cheese, and way too tall/sloppy to eat like a proper burg, but I'm sure this one tastes pretty good. 7/10

I don't want the chef to lose his job over this, but he definitely needs a stern reprimand. 2/10

Not sure what I'm looking at here. ???/10

"BLEHH??" "BLEEEHHH!!!" ???/10

Did they... cut the burger in half and then grill the exposed wound? I guess in theory it could work if you were dealing with a thick, rare-cooked patty, but in doing so they completely incinerated the cheese. Extra point awarded for bold innovation, but the end product looks like guaranteed cancer. 3/10

The food in this photograph honestly doesn't look bad, but I don't see a hamburger present. No score.

Ah, I'm starting to understand. Much like how everything is upside down in Australia, everything is sideways in Chile. Must have something to do with the extreme length to width ratio of the country. I don't hold it against them, but I cannot score this.

This one actually could be a real hamburger if you propped it up 90 degrees, but the Chileans were apparently wary of this and preemptively attacked with velveeta and bacon bits on its exposed side, sending a clear message that no such maneuver will take place. It probably tastes alright, but the bellicose nature of it makes me uncomfortable. 4/10

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 26, 2021

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

From the Americana thread: donut burgers.

It's called a Luther

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
A pickle should never be that close to a donut

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/KLobstar/status/1477395638836989959?s=20

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

bagual posted:

cornburguer strikes back!

protip, if you wanna see some down and nasty BR burguers use "xis" as the search term, that's the popular vernacular for "cheese"(burguers)

Cornpile aside, I'm very confused by this. At first it looks like a hotdog bun, but there's no split down the middle. It's like some kind of weird little bread bucket. I can't tell if it's filling out the wrapper at the bottom or just being propped up by it.

Also is that a single caper, or just the top of a whole green olive barely floating in a sea of mayo like an iceberg?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My fingers after a 5 hour bath

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

From PYF Horrible Foods:

Page 1 of this thread my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Some of us need a reminder of the absolute worst hotdog posted in this thread.

Oh for sure, that thing should be trotted out on at least a weekly basis, lest we forget.

I was just outraged that PYF had the gall to not only steal one of this thread's treasures, but then came back here and tried to peddle it as its own.