Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's a drat lie.
Chicago dogs own (and it's been forever since I've had one I miss them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I found out that the best gyro place here in town does a chicago dog and I'm stoked. However rather than the full pickle wedge they do whole sport peppers on top, which I am also cool with. I don't feel that breaks continuity, I've seen it go either way or sometimes both.
they also do the best home made falafel I've ever had but that's outside the scope of this thread

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 1, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's me, I'm the bifurcated man dingo coating the mozi burgers itt

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Vidmaster posted:

Grilled onions and no sport peppers? Sacrilege.

*breathing heavily*
Not...not all Chicago dogs...not all dogs require sport...sport peppers *I expel into my oxygen mask*

It's true though, to be a Chitown dog they don't have to have 'em. It's a preference but not a deal breaker.
e: they fuckin should tho

If it were me (and it ain't) it'd be grilled onions, mustard, relish, tomatoes and the pickles and the peppers on the side to chomp on as needed, hold the celery salt, that poo poo just gets to be overpowering sometimes. Now THAT is sacrilege and I admit that :(

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 14, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You collectively deserve to have the taste slapped out of your stupid bitch mouths

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

line em up

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

toothpicks are a simple and elegant solution to falling apart burgers.

Or you can hold it with your hands

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Prefer a burger?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I went to a grocery store with a friend once and he pointed those out and I thought they looked gross. He bought a can and when we left he opened it and started eating them with his fingers.

Why yes, he was about 350lbs.

Egh, they're AWFUL.

I'd be willing to throw down on pickled sausage if there was a beer to wash it down, but not even that for the canned ones. I bought them once as an adult just to see. Noooo thanks.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I know how common "Black onion sauce" and "Cabbage fisherman Mustard" are in the Ol' Big Apple, alright. Yessir. Can't go more than 5 minutes strolling Widelane By The Arts with out hearing the Ringle Pings of the Cabbage Fisherman mustard carts.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There's too much sauce involved with too many things in that slop bucket.
Most of the actual components seem pretty ok on their own or if one had the option to sauce them more individually.
...however I don't know if that's supposed to be a 'burrito' at the end of the 'tray' or something, but that is NOT proper. Burritos do not look like that. If that is some other form of 'wrapped' item not claiming to be a burrito...I still don't like it.

e: also even as an American that's supposed to either be a 'food challenge' type meal for 2 stoned college idiots with leftovers or a realistic dinner for 4+ or something, like a 'family' platter you get to eat say, over the course of an afternoon while watching some sports together and everyone digs in and fixes their own plates or whatever, right?

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 20, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'd probably eat all those components separately, or hell even together once I figured out the 'eel mechanics' (probably remove the head and figuring out the bone situation (awww yea))

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Whats with this obsession of multiple layers in a burger? How tf does anyone eat it, or is it just an opportunity to take a photo

I too am unable to conceive of food 'having more than one thing' it's quite perplexing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

mods please rename me to "Alabama Baltas BBQ Majoneza" with a custom title stating: "Su grill camembert"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That last one looks delicious, though.

It's a ham, egg, cheese, and breakfast sausage patty on a muffletta style bun. I'd polish the chrome off that bad boy.
e: I'd prefer the egg runny, but look not everything can be perfect alright?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hello yes I'd like to go inside a building and then inside another building that is actually a bus and then be given a saw dust puck and also can you kick the poo poo out of me and my entire family please I'm begging you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

seriously though what is the gelatin on the burg and also the corn and neatness of presentation on the dog...wraps screams korea to me, do I win?

e: oh lord could it be reconstituted, formerly dried squid or octopus? I've seen it look like that but never imagined it ever wanting to be used like this

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 8, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's me I'm the dogchão burg

E: I also have to ask, in both this thread and the pizza one Brazil takes the crown, but does so using 'random corn'. WHY is 'random corn' considered a condiment in Brazil? How did this happen and how can we help them stop?

I say this as an American, fully aware of the 'there's corn in everything you eat' burn leveled against us. ... What we're not doing, is what Brazil is, though.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 11, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I am the dude behind the "Less Fear More Love" tip jar

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mushika posted:

Yeah, the fear of "loose corn" is a weird goon thing, I'm pretty sure. It's fine.

e: I've had "loose corn" on plenty of things I didn't expect traveling around and it's usually fine. And why is it always designated as "loose" corn? Would it be better if it were still on the cob somehow?

It's not 'a fear', it'd objectivity be better just not being there, is the point.

Sprinkling corn on things isn't a garnish it's a fetish.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

Big Beef City hates corn because it reminds him of the Midwest and he has an irrational hatred of the Midwest. Understandable, really.

You see what that is?

That's corn flavored ice cream on a stick. Served in Brazil.
Now explain to me why that exists.
Literally frozen cream corn on a stick.

Why is there so much corn going on in Brazil? You don't see corn ice cream in Iowa.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 11, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wild Rice....piled HIGH

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagual posted:

i was replying to a guy who didn't get sweet corn ice cream, who knows what he knows, more of an awkward explanation than implying you all eat feedstock, also thank you for your service lol

pennywise you wrong, everyone knows corn is one of the main ingredients in a hot dog or a burger, always goes along with peas of course

edit:

the cornburger

I know it's an over-used pun
But I am Ralph.
And I am hammering "NO" on the dial.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

some day im going to go down to Brazil and eat weird rear end burgs and pizza and maybe even find a future ex wife to disappoint :q:

May the road rise up to meet you
And the wind be always at your back

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*clenching my fists, and under my breath with a softly rolled 'R' and a 'th' instead of 'z'*
...Brazil!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't get the appeal of gigantically tall burgers. How do you even eat that? You can smash some down a bit but some of them are just completely unwieldy. I know it's a gimmick but drat. I'm not going to disassemble my burger in order to eat it. And as I get older I don't like these gigantic portion sizes but a lot of new hipster places in the last 10 years give somewhat more reasonable portion sizes, but I guess the prices haven't changed much. So less food but higher quality.

I don't mind taking home leftovers but it's just ridiculous.

I'm 100% on board with this.
In fact, when I get even a pretty 'regular' sized burg, or hell, even make my own, I tend to 'smush' it down with my hand first prior to eating I don't mean like, 'grind it into paste on the plate' or anything, just sorta squeeze it all together better. I feel like it means I can get whatever toppings it has +buns, etc all in one clean bite rather than try and unhinge my jaws like a snake or something, or just get a bite of one thing or the other. My wife things it's weird but whatever ITS MY BURGER LEAVE ME BE

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Derpies posted:

I honestly think Wisconsin can probably rival Brazil on weird burgs

outside of weird gimmick places you're getting burg, buns, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle slices. It's pretty standard really. It's not like you walk to your corner bar and the main option is "Would you like a deep fried cheese curd bun cheese burger bacon burger dipped in butter and slathered in ranch??" Like that doesn't actually happen unless you're going to some gimmick place.

I am sorry to break the spell.

They probably have like, a double-cheeseburger on the menu and it's pretty big though so WHOAH WOW.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 23, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Americans, so disgusting and obsessed with sugar and fat" I say, as I eat my crepe filled with boba tea pearls, bannanas, skittles, M&Ms, Nutella, and Jellybeans. "They're just SO gross"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Plot twist - they make this for American tourists

Ah yes, the massive American to Brazil tourist market that surely exists. I'd forgotten how many of my friends and family clamor and scramble to get to...Brazil. Yes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

mkvltra posted:

Can u chill with that? Honestly just trying to scope f*cked up dogs ITT.

It was a good post

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the effort of making that far outweighs the reward

It's a gimmick done for shock value.
That's the point.

How are multiple people not understanding this

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hey that's where Mrs. Beef is from :)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*instinctively swats it off the table*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you sliced that from a middle section and served it on that really small rye bread with a little mustard?

I would try it.

I'm not saying it would be good.
I'm not saying I'd go for seconds.

I'm saying I'd give it a shot just because I believe in it.

e: cocktail rye, I guess it's called.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

make it and become what you were meant to be
be the role model you've always wanted

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

if there were some other binding agent I would try this but I probably wouldn't tell anyone that I did

You could probably try doing a 'Chicago Dog' style deviled egg

Make deviled eggs but incorporate small bits of hot dog / polish sausage into the yolk mixture, with a little extra mustard.
Garnish the outside of the whites with some of that neon relish
celery salt
put half-sour pickle wedges between the eggs on the serving platter

Serve it during Cubs games.

It needs tweaking for sure, but I feel like this could be done.

e : Or instead of in the yolk mix, put some cold cured meat on the egg and a toothpick with one of those fancy plasticy whatevers on it in bears colors? Boom. Look I just launched a thousand ships from the port of Green Bay here to my most hated rival.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 25, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I am unsure if folks are aware that the buns are meant to be held

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Ok, this has to be a joke, right?

I ain't laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City