Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

about 3 hours and enjoying this alot. i just defeated a huge wave of dudes by repeatedly running them over with skateboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

took down the first jail boss on my first try. it wasent too tough as long as you dont get too greedy with your combos and you abuse the pole in the middle of the arena to spam the spinning attack. also if you can get the slime persona for joker it resists physical and has a wind attack that hits the boss weakness.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

on the 3rd jail and im not having too much trouble except when i try to straight up melee stuff. its tough to get more than a 2 hit combo before you have to dodge a big aoe spell or other attack. i usually just spam the hell out of whatever weakness and all out everything

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Morpheus posted:

My biggest complaint with the dungeons is that they are very formulaic. There are three things to collect to get to the final door, every single time (I mean, maybe this changes but I'm through three dungeons and this has been the case). P5 had some real variety to the nature of the palaces and what you had to do to progress, so that part has been kind of disappointing.

i just finished the 3rd one and i think ill be ok with the dungeons being kinda the same if it means i never have to do the rat hallways from shidos palace ever again. man that was tedious.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol theres a boss in the 5th jail weak to gun attacks that you can beat by just hitting the triangle button over and over with joker

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i just got seth and his combos are really awesome. you get a crit evade buff and a huge aoe gun attack. im looking forward to seeing what the other really strong personas are like.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

about to wrap up the 6th jail. i dunno how close to the end i am but it looks like they tweaked a bunch of persona weaknesses. if you were hoping to make some insane immune to everything persona in this one i dont think its going to happen.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Starsnostars posted:

I only just got access to the shop and was wondering how often should I be buying new weapons and equipment in this game?

it can get expensive but theres usually a combo of 3 characters that can hit every enemies weakness in each jail. once you figure that out, you can get them the latest stuff if you dont want to grind for money to gear the whole team up each time.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

the 6th jails boss music owns

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any way to get party members that aren't in your party to get XP (like a future bond skill)? I noticed they don't seem to gain XP when out of party.

their levels wont always be even but you can get them caught up fast in a few fights in whatever your latest dungeon is. its better to have an underleveled party member that can hit weaknesses because alot of the fights will be a slog if you cant.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's actually a shame that after a while the game just no longer needs you to interact with the Mussou-style gameplay of using all your basic attack string and combos. They're still useful especially for the free spells or things like 'Haru's guns and spins get better' but I've never needed like Sophie's gravity bullets or 'oh Ann's fire whips are better now' after a while.

Which is good because I'm bad at it and the game is still pretty fun, but eh.

so far ive been able to stunlock every boss to death by spamming its weakness + technicals but i did have a fight with one of the really strong personas where it didnt stagger from getting hit with its weakness so you might have to do some dodging later

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I’m really glad that waluigi dying isn’t an instant game over anymore since I had a fight on the first dungeon here where he went from full health to dead within the first second of the fight, not even sure what happened

lol same. i was pleasantly surprised when it just switched characters and the battle kept going.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i just hit the final dungeon and overall id say i enjoyed this one more than p5. its alot shorter but it doesnt drag the way p5 did. especially towards the end.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i finished the game and i was pretty happy with it. i guess the big gripe id have is the game seems alot harder if you try to straight up fight stuff but you could trivialize prettymuch every encounter by holding down r1 and chain casting like its secret of mana.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Sydin posted:

All of the "reach the location on the complete opposite end of the map without using fast travel or raising the security level" missions can :fuckoff:. And all the ones that require you to go through a spotlight section to get to said location can :fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff:

Maybe if it was just once or twice I wouldn't mind but the game hits you with like ten of those fuckers and they're not even remotely fun.

i didnt really like those either but aside from the spotlights you can just shoot the shadows with jokers gun to start combat and it wont count towards being detected. theres also save points before the spotlight parts so you can reload if you screw up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Shooting shadows with any character’s gun works to start a fight with no ambush, joker’s is just the most convenient (and Haru’s seems to be impossible to target the flying shadows)

yup. i always forgot you had to target instead hitting triangle with the other characters and those were the few times i actually got detected.