Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I didn't just find this out, but it took me a long time. For the first few Final Fantasy games i played, I had always assumed Phoenix Down was just a name. I didn't realize it was referring to the down of a phoenix until way, way later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I thought it was because you were "phoenixing" the person who had "gone down" and it was awkward phrasing due to charavrer limits like some of the enemy names and stuff

This was my pretty much thought process about it!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Good soup! posted:

In GoldenEye, I didn't know you could get different cutscenes in some of the levels depending on how they ended. In depot, if you kill the last guards inside the train, bond just enters and puts his gun away and folds his arms, but if you don't you get a short animation of him shooting them both before the door closes.
I think for that part at the end of Depot it will also match the gun you have drawn, unless you have the rocket launcher (or similar).