Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Are 3D printers like airbrushes, in that there are consistently sales at certain times of year that you should wait for if you want to buy one? I'm slowly edging towards getting something like an Elegoo Mars to produce parts for conversions and, eventually, terrain, but I'd just as easily wait a while if it means saving 30% or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
If you want to see what you can achieve in terrain building using 3D printing alongside regular modeling techniques, look at Luke Towan's videos on Youtube.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
Does anyone know of some UK-based good services that print off small numbers of figures for a reasonable price? I've got a couple of figures I'd like to print off in 28mm but I don't know anyone with a 3D printer near where I live.

I figure it probably won't be economical, but I'm always surprised by how accessible 3D printing is these days, so I thought I'd ask.