Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Love to have half my offensive roster in Sunday postponed games, completely loving me over on the last day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I do not understand why espn locks in pp players

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Inspector_666 posted:

Hitting drop on him was physically painful.

I'm in a league where you can only keep two guys and I have Acuna, Ohtani, and Tatis. Not sure if I keep him next season if he's missing opening day.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Love to have half my offensive roster in Sunday postponed games, completely loving me over on the last day of the week.

Don't you still have this coming Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sun as part of this "week" in H2H? That seems to be the default on ESPN. Kind of like how Week 1 lasted 10 or 11 days or whatever it was.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

coronaball posted:

Don't you still have this coming Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sun as part of this "week" in H2H? That seems to be the default on ESPN. Kind of like how Week 1 lasted 10 or 11 days or whatever it was.

I'm on Yahoo. Week 15 is the long one for them, at least this year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

General Bullshit posted:

I'm in a league where you can only keep two guys and I have Acuna, Ohtani, and Tatis. Not sure if I keep him next season if he's missing opening day.

I think it depends on if Tatis gets shoulder surgery in the offseason and how that effects him for opening day as well.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I think it depends on if Tatis gets shoulder surgery in the offseason and how that effects him for opening day as well.

I seriously thought Tatis would be out all year and here he is thriving on one healthy shoulder blade. So strange.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Twins-Tigers PPD. Set yer lineups.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I hope this Duran fellow is good, I just need him to replace the production of Ronald Acuna Jr.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

I hope this Duran fellow is good, I just need him to replace the production of Ronald Acuna Jr.

Very much same

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Does position eligibility for ESPN count games started at a position or games played at a position? Shohei Ohtani has 5 games in the outfield.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

Does position eligibility for ESPN count games started at a position or games played at a position? Shohei Ohtani has 5 games in the outfield.

It says in the rules that it's games played, but the threshold is 10 games, not 5.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

It says in the rules that it's games played, but the threshold is 10 games, not 5.

Yeah I'm counting until 10. I am hoping Joe keeps putting him in RF/LF after starts. Ohtani with OF eligibility down the stretch? Yes please.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Blue Jays and Nationals just got PPD'ed.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I CAN"T TAKE ANYMORE INJURIES HOW DO I PERPETUALLY HAVE 6 GUYS ON IL AFTER CUTTING THE LAST SIX

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

IL situation (five IL slots)

Urshela
Judge
Posey
Buxton

Strasburg
deGrom
Urquidy

It isn't good.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Brandon Marsh called up... before Adell. F you Angels. I need to trade Adell.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Schweinhund posted:

Brandon Marsh called up... before Adell. F you Angels. I need to trade Adell.

lol if you aren't clutching both to your bosom. :smug:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Me before the All-Star break: Ah, Glasnow is hurt, that sucks. Good thing I have a healthy rotation behind him of DeGrom, Lopez, and Manoah!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

JosefStalinator posted:

Me before the All-Star break: Ah, Glasnow is hurt, that sucks. Good thing I have a healthy rotation behind him of DeGrom, Lopez, and Manoah!

I came here to bemoan my injury problems but after reading about others' here, especially yours, I'll pipe down.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

There was a Lance McCullers for Chris Taylor trade last week in this one league and I feel like both sides won that trade

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Taijuan Walker :negative:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

We've seen 2 games from Josiah Gray now. He went 4 innings and ~80 pitches in both. In those 8 innings he has 13 Ks, but also 4 HR and 5 walks. I dunno, I think he is just a streamer for now. Anyone think he can be more than that in 2021?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So, Eric Haase

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

added Clippard, Nick Anderson, and Rowan Wick these last couple days. now to wait and see if I snagged a closer!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

PAIN.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:siren: Trevor Rogers is starting tonight :siren:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

CocoaNuts posted:

I came here to bemoan my injury problems but after reading about others' here, especially yours, I'll pipe down.

Don't worry, Chris Paddack is here to make sure I keep getting injuries, since manoah just came back.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

he's carrying most of my teams, lol. Especially the ones where Grandal was my C

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

https://twitter.com/JoshVernier610/status/1422194796668416006?s=20

lol

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:siren: Adell is getting called up :siren:

He's improved his K% a lot over the course of the season which is really encouraging. Here's his K% by month;
May: 34.3%
June: 29.6%
July/Aug: 24.4%

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 3, 2021

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Please let Mookie get 2B eligibility

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Alex Reyes :negative:

A. Reyes pitching
A. Duvall hit by pitch
J. Pederson walked, D. Swanson to third, A. Duvall to second
E. Adrianza walked, D. Swanson scored, A. Duvall to third, J. Pederson to second
S. Vogt walked, A. Duvall scored, J. Pederson to third, E. Adrianza to second
O. Albies walked, J. Pederson scored, E. Adrianza to third, S. Vogt to second
J. Miller pitching

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Reyes' 7.77 BB/9 didn't regress to the mean, but his performance finally regressed to the 7.77 BB/9.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

ESPN shows Reyes with a 0.00 ERA and WHIP for the evening. That ain't right!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I fell out of contention early, so I am focused on next year in our keeper league, been making some trades and trying to make 1 or 2 more.

This is a 7x7 league with OBP, SLG, K/9, K/bb, and QS instead of wins.

Trades made:

Gave: Trevor Story and John Means
Got: Walker Buehler and Carlos Santana (I dropped Santana)

Gave: Jose Ramirez
Got: Manny Machado

As it stands, my keepers are going to be:

Soto
Buehler
Machado
and I am undecided on my last one currently.

will have to see how the season plays out, but I am trying to trade for a 4th keeper worthy player. My options have potential but am not sold on them at the moment. I think right now my best options are gonna be Bellinger or Kelenic and neither one is having a great year though Kelenic is picking things up. anyone else I should be considering?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Belt with 2 HRs today. You should add him if you need a 1B.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dropped Luke Voit because I have an IL crunch (I mean, who doesn't this year?), and the GM said Voit would be playing rehab games for a while, and I don't believe the Yanks will play Stanton in the OF that much. So naturally, Rizzo gets Covid and Voit's in the lineup today.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Pussy Boss posted:

Dropped Luke Voit because I have an IL crunch (I mean, who doesn't this year?), and the GM said Voit would be playing rehab games for a while, and I don't believe the Yanks will play Stanton in the OF that much. So naturally, Rizzo gets Covid and Voit's in the lineup today.

The Yankees are a walking petri dish of COVID. I firmly believe the medical exam they did for their trades was making sure no one was vaccinated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jabro posted:

The Yankees are a walking petri dish of COVID. I firmly believe the medical exam they did for their trades was making sure no one was vaccinated.

The Yankees were one of the first teams to get above 85% vaccinated it's infuriating.