Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inspector_666 posted:

The Yankees were one of the first teams to get above 85% vaccinated it's infuriating.

Really? Holy crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Castillo giving back a lot of the goodwill he's been earning lately.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Managed to trade my DeGrom and Corey Seager for Judge and Buehler in a redraft league.

I'm going to finish in first place in the regular season but have 0 fait that DeGrom is coming back or that he's coming back and will pitch more than 2 games and would like to have another top notch starter for the playoffs.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Just thinking about how cheap I can get Mondesi next year since he's hurt so much!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Seeing Arrieta is facing the Rockies in Colorado and you have Rockies players :awesome:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

What are some of the... questionable decisions your leaguemates have made? I think my biggest one is the guy who kept Sixto Sanchez and is still holding him even though he's been out for the year since like June. He's sacrificing a roster spot for an entire year to save like $5 in the draft next year. Even if he ends up being worth a lot, he could've dropped him in May and picked him up on the last day of the year and nobody would've taken him.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Not questionable since he should be worth it but god drat Jarred Kelenic is dogshit and I keep him on my roster to keep next year.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

fawning deference posted:

Not questionable since he should be worth it but god drat Jarred Kelenic is dogshit and I keep him on my roster to keep next year.

Same.

Also spent a WW on Bauer to keep next year. I feel dirty.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Schweinhund posted:

What are some of the... questionable decisions your leaguemates have made? I think my biggest one is the guy who kept Sixto Sanchez and is still holding him even though he's been out for the year since like June. He's sacrificing a roster spot for an entire year to save like $5 in the draft next year. Even if he ends up being worth a lot, he could've dropped him in May and picked him up on the last day of the year and nobody would've taken him.

I cut trivino when he was dogshit for about a month and diekman was better and lmao me

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Shohei is 3 games away from OF eligibility. Fernando Tatis Jr is 2 games away in ESPN. :unsmigghh:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I kept this man Trevor Story over Jose Ramirez. That’s a thing I’ve done

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
H2H, 10 teams. With Springer and Buxton back and my trade deadline passed, I need to drop someone. Who has less value ROS, Bryan Reynolds or Trent Grisham? Both have been pretty terrible lately. Leaning toward dropping Reynolds and keeping Grisham around in case I need SB late in a week.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Was able to IL stash Grandal which took exactly 1 game to pay off more than IL stashing Syndergaard, Conforto, and Lamet earlier in the year.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Smart me: Grabbing Kyle Freeland off the waiver wire.

Dumb me: Benching Kyle Freeland against the Dodgers.

I did the same thing with Sandy Alcantara after his last disastrous start. He had been struggling and I remember he had a pretty tough match up, so I kept him out, figuring he'd need time to get back on track. He tossed seven of his best innings this season.

FFS.

I'm terrible at being selective. I'm just gonna start 'em all. gently caress it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Help I think I accidentally activated 2019 Buxton

(It’s a joke)

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Gerrit Cole still has something in the tank. Maybe it's a sticky something. I dunno. But he's good.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
11 match win streak to end the season 18-3 , next highest overall point total 1,000 less than mine

It was only going to end one way baby

Out in the first round :cheers:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Greinke is back and gets @Tex and Ari next week. I also picked up Odorizzi who has the same matchups :quagmire:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I hate my stupid league cause playoffs don't start til next week and the finals are always a shitshow.

However everyone is horrendous and I'm in first by 30 games and get a bye for the first round

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Odorizzi had a 7-0 lead in the 2nd inning and he gets injured. :3:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Love to use one of my 7 transactions during championship week on a guy who throws 1.1 innings.

At least he didn't give up any runs! :rolleye:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Made the playoffs in all 4 Yahoo prize leagues. Finished 1st in two of them, giving me a first round bye, and 3rd and 5th. I think that's pretty good, whatever happens in the playoffs.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Shouldn't have started Tylor Megill.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Got busy in the morning two days this week so I couldn't set my roster and Mahle and Mackenzie of course go off

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Start Buxton vs. Ryu or Schwarber vs some Oriole scrub (but a LHP scrub)

🤔

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Man, Ryu is cooked. For this season, I mean, not forever. Dropping him in several leagues tonight.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

Made the playoffs in all 4 Yahoo prize leagues. Finished 1st in two of them, giving me a first round bye, and 3rd and 5th. I think that's pretty good, whatever happens in the playoffs.

Welp, I lost in 1 league because my opponent streamed "Paolo Espino." Classic fantasy baseball poo poo really, the whole season coming down to one rando SP on a Sunday. On to the semis in the other 3 leagues though!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Added Wily Peralta last second and squeaked into the finals. God bless you, Wily

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I hate the White Sox for trading for Kimbrel

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Can I really start Rodon in a weekly lock league not knowing what the hell is going on with his arm?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Schweinhund posted:

I hate the White Sox for trading for Kimbrel

Seriously

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Popero posted:

Can I really start Rodon in a weekly lock league not knowing what the hell is going on with his arm?

I should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I …. Can not imagine how upset I’m going to be if I would’ve won just going with an empty slot instead of Corbin burnes.