Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inspector_666 posted:

I removed the teams because I thought I could get a URL that would let anybody join but I dunno where that is so I just reinvited you.

Back in. Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

Inspector_666 posted:

It is me!

I've never commissioned anything before so I guess uh, who wants to do Fire & Forget this year? It's like Bestball but simpler.

I'm in! I have my invite.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

trade season has begun.

just traded Trout for Soto in our goon keeper league. :getin:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Does anyone have openings? I'm down for a money league/keeper league/auction league/what have you. I'm active, I've been doing fantasy for 15 years or more, and my yearly league with friends can't really happen this time around!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Now that Yahoo's prize leagues are open, I have drafted some $5 teams.

Team 1

had the 4th pick. loved my first 5 picks here, Soto > Bellinger > Nola > Robert > Anderson.

team 2: had the 9th pick.

Team 3: had the 1st pick. getting Bellinger and Bichette at the 2/3 turn is awesome.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Team 1

had the 4th pick. loved my first 5 picks here, Soto > Bellinger > Nola > Robert > Anderson.

That is a wild first 4 rounds.

I'm doing The Athletic's Bestball Cutline thing this year and with the 8th overall in a 10-teamer I managed to get pocket aces of uh, Gerrit Cole and Shane Bieber.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yahoo's pro leagues are a license to print money sometimes with how dumb the drafters are. In the $20 pro league I did yesterday I got Soto with the third pick then wrapped around and picked up Lindor and then Alonso dropped to the 5th round.

The downside is fantasy baseball is the devil's rear end in a top hat come playoff time but you're pretty much guaranteed to get there.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Did another $5 draft this morning, and did something I NEVER do. I took a pitcher in the 1st round.

I had the 6th pick. Acuna, Tatis, Mookie, Soto and Trout were all gone, and I wasn't all that comfortable with Turner at 6, so I went Cole, and to be honest, the team didn't turn out too bad. I kinda dig it even if it is weird to me.

Not too many great steals in this one, but I did get Lowe around 120, roughly 50 picks later than his ADP.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

are the $50 leagues as dumb?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Did another $5 draft tonight, not crazy about this one, but ehh they can't all be winners. It's not BAD, just not great either. It has potential, but could also be dogshit.

had the 7th pick, took trea, then got stuck with Lindor (wanted Bellinger, but DANNO took him 1 pick before me. jerk.) which isn't bad necessarily, but I already had a shortstop so I was playing catchup most of the draft. I am hosed on saves. Got a few steals, like Teoscar 35 picks past his ADP, Laureano around pick 200. Had to reach for Burnes at 55 though, pitchers were going quick and I didn't have one yet.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i've done about 20 drafts now and i think i have franmil in every single one of them. yahoo has him ranked around 150, and i'm fairly sure if he's healthy he's top 50. definitely top 75.

you people are sleeping on him!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

just had a draft that went:

soto
tatis
degrom
trout
betts
cole
acuna

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Just finished up my draft season with a $20 league and I am pretty drat happy with it. My closers suck but everything else is good. Strong SP, strong offense.

Had the 3rd pick. Wasn't crazy about taking Bogaerts at 22, wanted Bichette but he went at 14!

Got Arenado at 46 which was a steal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Help me out here. I just took over this team in a keeper H2H weekly league. 7 keepers from the below:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mcmagic posted:

Help me out here. I just took over this team in a keeper H2H weekly league. 7 keepers from the below:

Do you have to keep 7?

Freeman
Franco
Ramirez
Machado
Paddack
Riley
Bauer

In that order if you don't have to keep 7. Riley is entirely dependent on if you believe in him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

jabro posted:

Do you have to keep 7?

Freeman
Franco
Ramirez
Machado
Paddack
Riley
Bauer

In that order if you don't have to keep 7. Riley is entirely dependent on if you believe in him.

Apparently I can't keep Jose Ramirez or Stras

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Figured I'd ask one more time - does anyone have a league I can join? Preferably keeper/competitive?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
For the PL community league I'm in, we ended up doing a slow auction draft and wowee do I have 0 impulse control, gaze upon my wretched stars and scrubs collection.

That said, this is Saves+Holds so getting Hader and Chapman for a combined $19 feels like an utter steal.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Eloy probably hurt his shoulder playing the OF and he was one of my keepers fml.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Looks like we are skipping "Fire" and going to straight to "Forget" this year

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.
Looking for two replacements (1 might be sufficient) for H2H draft tomorrow - Keeper league - 5:00 PM PST / 8:00 PM EST - $40 Buy In - Top 4 Placement

R H HR RBI SB BA OPS

IP K ERA WHIP K/BB QS SV+H

Team 1 Keeper Selection (Choose 6 players):

A. Mondesi
A. Bregman
W. Merrifield
JT Realmuto
P Goldschmidt
A Verdugo
Walker Buehler
Zac Gallen
Sixto Sanchez
Kenley Jansen
Matt Olson

Team 2 Keeper Selection:

Bo Bichette
E. Jimenez
M. Ozuna
E. Suarez
G Torres
A Rizzo
M Chapman
Yu Darvish
Zach Greinke
Dinelson Lamet

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

resident posted:

Looks like we are skipping "Fire" and going to straight to "Forget" this year

Yeah if anybody wants to Fire & Forget this year please let me know, we only have 6 teams right now.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

fromsinkingsands posted:

Looking for two replacements (1 might be sufficient) for H2H draft tomorrow - Keeper league - 5:00 PM PST / 8:00 PM EST - $40 Buy In - Top 4 Placement

R H HR RBI SB BA OPS

A. Mondesi
A. Bregman
W. Merrifield
JT Realmuto
P Goldschmidt
A Verdugo
Walker Buehler
Zac Gallen
Sixto Sanchez
Kenley Jansen
Matt Olson

Team 2 Keeper Selection:

Bo Bichette
E. Jimenez
M. Ozuna
E. Suarez
G Torres
A Rizzo
M Chapman
Yu Darvish
Zach Greinke
Dinelson Lamet

Pushing this up because I am also in this league. It's fun, we are all active, and it's been a solid league for many years. Other goons are in it as well!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

First Yahoo Prize League of the year. Planning on doing 4 or 5. (12 team standard 5x5)

C: Grandal
1B: Voit
2B: Muncy
3B: Donaldson
SS: Gleyber
OF: Acuņa, Teoscar, Joc
UT: Riley, Mountcastle

SP: Kershaw, Giolito, Ryu, Wheeler, Soroka, Kluber, Smyly, Pearson
RP: Will Smith, Bradley, Pagan, Barnes, Jake McGee

A typical draft for me, I loaded up on starting pitching and waited on closers. Had the 1st pick, good way to start, considered Betts and Trout but it's hard to go wrong.

Took Kershaw and Giolito at the 2-3 turn. Scherzer lasted alllll the way until one pick before me. I'm startled to see him drop in ADP this year. Is his velo down or something? Seems like he's SP 3 after Cole and DeGrom, to me.

Drafted Voit at 48 and immediately started 2nd guessing. The upside is so massive but the track record is iffy. But with 2 UTIL slots you gotta prioritize power hitters IMO

Missed out on Fried by 1 pick in the 8th. Got Teoscar as a consolation prize. I own him in every league so far, guess I'm a believer

Drafted Donaldson in the 15th because I ran out of time. Hadn't looked into him much, looks like he was bad last year? Still, who knows about 2020 stats? Wish I took Civale or Dom Smith instead

Overall an OK draft. I don't love it.I think I'd rather pick 3rd or 4th this year with all the talent at the top.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

fromsinkingsands posted:

R H HR RBI SB BA OPS

A. Mondesi
A. Bregman
W. Merrifield
JT Realmuto
P Goldschmidt
A Verdugo
Walker Buehler
Zac Gallen
Sixto Sanchez
Kenley Jansen
Matt Olson

Team 2 Keeper Selection:

Bo Bichette
E. Jimenez
M. Ozuna
E. Suarez
G Torres
A Rizzo
M Chapman
Yu Darvish
Zach Greinke
Dinelson Lamet

Good league here. Come play with us.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Fourthed. The draft is tonight at 8 ET and you'd be taking a team with good keepers in a competitive league. Come keep our league at 12 teams!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1375147322116542467

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

HOLY gently caress

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

loving yikes. I am sorry, Eloy Jimenez fans.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My first year doing a real PitcherList staff league, and of course my pitching staff is a nightmare.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

think i just destroyed an obp/slg ip/svhd league:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Closer Carousel is in full swing with all these injuries.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
SAGNOF

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I figured at some point this year I would draft a pitching staff I felt pretty good about but apparently not. 12 team, H2H 7x7.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 26, 2021

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

12 team H2H 7x7 keeper league - I kept Trout/Soto/Alvarez/Voit/Nola/Hader and figured this year I would go for the youth movement to keep things fun.

C - Yan Gomes
1B - Luke Voit
2B - Cavan Biggio
3B - Ke'Bryan Hayes
SS - Didi Gregorius
MI - Nick Madrigal
CI - Anthony Rizzo
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Juan Soto
OF - Yordan Alvarez
Util - Franmil Reyes
Util Ryan Mountcastle
BN Ha-Seong Kim
BN Jarred Kelenic

SP Aaron Nola
SP Sixto Sanchez
SP David Price
SP Marco Gonzales
SP Brent Suter
RP Josh Hader
RP Greg Holland
P Victor Gonzalez
P Dellin Betances
P Keone Kela
BN Yimi Garcia
BN MacKenzie Gore

I'm very happy with my team, and it's going to be fun to watch my rookies. I'm pretty sure my lineup is going to mash, and my pitching will be good enough to contend to win.

I'm also very pleased that I'll be able to stash Gore and Kelenic (especially Kelenic, who I think will probably win ROY this season).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

General Bullshit posted:

Closer Carousel is in full swing with all these injuries.
Grateful i checked my team before bed last night and was able to swap Nick Anderson for Fairbanks on the Rays

Also picked up Emilio Pagan for free the other day, hopefully he becomes a closer also

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fast Luck posted:

Grateful i checked my team before bed last night and was able to swap Nick Anderson for Fairbanks on the Rays

Also picked up Emilio Pagan for free the other day, hopefully he becomes a closer also

Pagan seems like a good pickup but in a saves-only league I might just stay away from the Rays entirely (honestly I kind of felt this way before Anderson got hurt anyway.) It would be a pretty big shift to see them move away from a committee by virtue of putting leverage over saves.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Good advice, my league has saves but also has relief appearances as a category too, so it's a little more Rays-friendly than most.

The big hack I've noticed in my league this year is gonna be, they expanded the SP slots by several so busy people wouldn't have to worry about swapping in their starters. The exploit is you actually do swap in your starters and then fill all the other SP slots with SP-eligible relievers and win that Relief Appearances cat all the time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fast Luck posted:

Good advice, my league has saves but also has relief appearances as a category too, so it's a little more Rays-friendly than most.

The big hack I've noticed in my league this year is gonna be, they expanded the SP slots by several so busy people wouldn't have to worry about swapping in their starters. The exploit is you actually do swap in your starters and then fill all the other SP slots with SP-eligible relievers and win that Relief Appearances cat all the time.

Oh, yeah, Rays all day in that case. I was talking about this the other day and realized in Saves only leagues I'm avoiding the Rays but in pretty much any other format with RP I want all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

so yeah I have a bit of a gambling problem lmao. Lied about my last draft being my last draft. Did another today, and will probably do one sunday. drat off days and having nothing to do.

This one went pretty well, pretty happy with it. Got some nice steals like Bogaerts at 34 and Moncada at 87. And gotta love the Haniger and Walsh and Davies picks to end it.