Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm not a big deathmatch person: mainly because I have enough to follow as it is and while I really like random deathmatches sneaking onto promotions I like, I'm not a big enough fan to seek it out myself. However the announcement of the Rina Yamashita-Hikari Noa Hardcore match in TJPW reminded me of one of my favourite matches from last year; the deathmatch between Rina and Risa Sera on Ice Ribbon's big Yokohama show. Its not an explosion one but who cares it rules.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7wrnh4

The official stipulation of this match was "pinfall only" since Risa Sera retired from deathmatch wrestling a few years ago but, to be frank, its a deathmatch. Risa Sera initially only planned to wrestle for a handful of years but then when she was booked on a random Big Japan show in an Ice Ribbon offer match she became a big fan of the deathmatches and spent years trying to cajole Ice Ribbon into letting her do them on their shows: they initially relented by letting her do hardcore matches; then by supporting her Produce Shows (which almost always ended in these 60 minute Ironman gauntlets which were her against a series of opponents; including a lot of top deathmatch wrestlers) and then eventually doing this match which is great. Its also where she met her husband: she's married to Orca Uto who is a deathmatch wrestler that left Big Japan last year which I guess is a slightly romantic story: love found within a load of broken glass or something like that. Rina Yamashita became a FREEDOMS regular last year: being in a load of matches that people really liked and she won their tag titles on their last show. So while you'll see others popping up in deathmatches sometimes this is probably your two main Joshi deathmatch people facing off.

Its really cool starting from the entrances: Rina Yamashita is driven to the ring by Manami Toyota on her Harley carrying a big stack of light tubes; Risa Sera has her big light tube fan so they don't exactly hide what you are getting. And then it sort of builds up from there: its not one of those matches that's full of big weapon spots or whatever from the start but by the end it is: Rina is gushing real bad by the end (shockingly head butting a load of light tubes is not a good idea). Is it the best deathmatch in the world? Probably not; that Takeda-Kodaka match is better and there are others but I really loved it; and I hope everyone else that watches it does too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU