Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

I love that you pick a name for your team, which is different to what people call you? Then if you pick the default name you get messages like "I'm ok thanks to the The Phantoms"

Is there literally any reason for this? Is there maybe some network function where you see other people's names or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The man ordered one of his students to stop a crime ring, he had no idea what he was doing.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I think the reason for that stuff is just to keep the player involved in the main plot while they spend three weeks loving around.

It definitely should have been done better, though.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I felt like I was missing something with that boss. I was not underleveled at all and they seemed to be expecting way more damage output than I was capable of.

I should have been baton-passing more but that wouldn't even have helped against the final enemy.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it's so funny how many scenes there are of people fawning over shido's amazing rhetoric when he's just saying the same poo poo literally every politician who's ever lived says

the people in power are doing bad things and you'll do good things? can i vote for you 5000 times???

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

huh. yesterday i noticed that game pass was briefly telling people to preload the persona 3 remake even though it's months away

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

credit to sophia for somehow managing to one-up morgana for useless nicknames

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Waste of Breath posted:

This was a thing in soul hackers and it was thematic but sucked. I'm 100% for it though if you can break your relationship social link and have Yukari just let you die out of spite

jokes on her

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

yeah like 90% of this thread is complaining about persona games

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

the reduction of everything to like, visual novel style seems to be a massive downgrade to me honestly to the point of being intolerable

it is

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the answer is the only dlc on there that actually matters

whatever will i do without a bunch of costumes and music???

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it's so funny that people are upset about a dorm building being lit

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

these textures aren't nearly muddy enough, this is bullshit

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

persona 5 didn't end with the characters using their magic powers to overthrow the japanese government and a bunch of people are still feeling betrayed by that

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

would anyone have complained if they dumped some of these losers and included social links with the male party members?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

there are a weirdly large number of completely unlikable social links in 3

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i took 2 nights to finish the first tartarus block and i think that's fine personally

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

do you eventually get the ability to get points with a social link without spending time, like the fortune teller in 5?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

that link is really funny because he is obsessed with this cigarette for like a year

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

they should go back and patch out the female mc from portable, just put this nightmare to an end

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Sydin posted:

It's me I'm the rear end in a top hat who's annoyed that hommunculi sacrifice themselves to protect party members from insta-kill spells and not just the MC. Stop wasting my loving 1-Ups Akihiko! Dodge!!!

poo poo, don't even dodge

just die, i can revive you motherfucker

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i didn't realize that you got persona unlocks from the mini s-links too and already missed one

oh well

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i think the biggest mistakes you can make while going for max links is not prioritizing the school links and trying to level your social stats too fast

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

CullenDaGaDee posted:

A handful of links probably could have used a rewrite for Reload, but the Hanged Man link especially comes across as weird for several reasons.

it does have the funniest response in all persona, where you can tell her that her parents divorcing is probably her fault

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Arist posted:

Also they're totally remaking Persona 4, jesus christ why

why not

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Part of me almost wonders if they regret making FeMC since people will be asking about her, forever.

the answer to this is yes

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

what artistic value is being contributed by "you can play as a girl"

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

pretty sure they don't care if their very successful remake satisfies you specifically

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

man i just beat the superboss in reload and i don't envy whoever had to figure out the very specific actions you needed to take to not instantly die

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there's technically still randomization in there, but yeah.

furious whenever i kill a hand enemy and the shuffle time doesn't happen or doesn't give me the exp card

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

LibbyM posted:

I guess its not the end of the world to go back to Tartarus another night at this point though. Not like I do anything else at night time other then occasionally visit the dating site url.

yeah this is why it's so silly that people stress out about finishing tartarus in 1 night

in the back half of the game you have loving NOTHING to do at night

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

elizabeth is more of a puzzle than a fight

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it also feels completely arbitrary

building a super tough hard to kill persona will get you killed, the game doesn't even tell you that's why it happened

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

yeah on my new game + run i only finished with like 2 days to spare

the linked episodes aren't really optional, you can't get orpheus telos without doing them

e: wait you might be able to get him but you can't finish the compendium

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

let's all make sure the cartoon bear is appropriately shamed for his toxic behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it's not really uncommon for studios to announce games less than a year before they come out nowadays