Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm somewhat disappointed by no FeMC but also never really expected it if the game ever got a remake. I hope they rewrite some of the SLs and maybe give Tartarus some more visual flair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How is the social link maxing in the remake compared to say P5R? I usually don't use guides in these types of games the first time thru but P3P was pretty tough to max out, and then P5R I ended up having about 2.5 months of doing almost nothing because I maxed out everything and read most of the books by then.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Answer isn't canon because I don't like it. I'm glad it will be DLC so I can ignore it.

Started playing the remake over the weekend and the new music kicks rear end IMO. I like the baton pass mechanic being sort of added in too, I do think I'll bump up the difficulty since I forgot that P3 is a pretty easy game overall.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm at the end of June with my social stats all at 4ish. I've maxed out the Chariot and Hermit arcanas and am mostly focusing on the school S-Links since I know you start having less school days near the end and have the two night S-links unlocked. Also ignoring Kenji because I don't like him since I unlocked the Gourmet King. I know that Fuuka, Yukari, and Mitsuru need 6 in one of the stats to unlock their S-links, so should I just focus on getting those maxed at night for now and not worry about any other night activity? I've heard there's a dating site URL in this version so I'm not too worried about Mitsuru's late S-link unlock but I'd like to max at least her out in this playthrough even if I can't get Fuuka or Yakari maxed, mostly wondering how to plan out night activities.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Doing well in your tests does require a minimum level of academics (2-4-5-max respectively) which can get you some nice prizes but it isn't a huge priority and if you're at rank 4 in June you're well on track to meet that.

I wasn't sure of this but I was pretty positive I remembered this being the case at least in 5R if not P3 FES/portable so I got to rank 4 the week I'm in which is a week before the second semester tests. Sounds like I should keep doing party member events when I can (just got Yukari's extra ability) and getting courage/charm up first like I thought since academics isn't needed til November. Was focusing on Courage right now since Fuuka just started appearing in the hall. From what I was reading Tower seems to also upgrade at one rank per visit if you pick the right dialogue options so I'm not too worried about the night S-links. I'm pretty close to finishing Strength and Justice so I can focus on the clubs, gourmet king, and fuuka soon. I "wasted" a night on getting to the month's roadblock in tartarus before I realized there were missing people but went back before I quit last night to rescue the three available people. Also need to figure out when to slot Hanged Man and finishing up Hierophant somewhere but not concerned about those yet. I doubt I'll max out all the links anyway but I should get pretty close at least. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I love the idea of the MC never studying and just eating fish every single night and doing better than all of their peers so I will never study (outside of the group study events).

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just got to Ken's actual introduction at the beginning of summer and have been using Aki but I think I'll swap him out for Junpei again, he just isn't that useful which is unfortunate because the jack'o gloves I just got for him rule.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I need a normal Nihil Blade for an Elizabeth request but I used all of mine before getting this request and even running floors 72-90 when I go to Tartarus seem to get every material except that one. Is there any other place besides there and the reward from another quest to get that or do I have to hope I get lucky in one of my Tartarus runs and just do those floors every time I go?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I spend my last month nights on the computer dating app

I'm at the end of November and this is all I'm doing. I have Empress, about half of Temperance, half of Magician, most of Star, and then Aigis in January to finish so I'll probably end up with Empress, Temperance, Aigis, and maybe Star mostly done. Magician if I somehow end up with time but I don't think I have enough time to finish Star & Magician.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Finished P3R tonight and I think it’s my favorite modern persona. The P2 games are my favorite persona games overall but p3 is the only one that fully sticks the landing of the modern ones and I think the changes in the remake are for the better overall. I really like the royal additions in p5 but the further I get from P4G the less I like it. I’d say it’s 3R>5R>>>4G for me now. The ending portion of 3 is so perfect for its themes. I don’t think I’ll bother getting The Answer if they do dlc because I wasn’t a big fan of it in the first place and unless they revise it I don’t think I’d want it for Reload either.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

WrightOfWay posted:

The story of The Answer was always fine, imo, but it is 90% dungeon crawling, which is definitely not Persona 3's strongest point.

That's my main issue with it. The plot and such is mostly fine. I played on Gamepass so I'm not against buying a GOTY or complete version or whatever later and getting the Answer that way.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

If I had realized studying in your room was mostly useless compared to any of the other ways to raise academics early on I probably would have at least finished all the S-links since I had 4 levels of Moon and all of the art guy left in the end with everything else maxed without much planning at all. I do wish at least one of the S-links was moved to night because there really isn't anything to do near the end of the game besides dating site or arcade.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I tried Elizabeth and I still don't think I have it in me for that style of superboss, just seems a matter of building a very specific persona or 3 and then memorizing her pattern, just not super fun to be forced into a specific "build" like that in a RPG instead of figuring out your own way through it like in a lot of other RPGs including other Persona games.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I have no strong feelings about Keisuke but also I completely forgot about him until it was December and too late to bother raising the rank past 1.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Majorian posted:

I THINK she is more available for that closer to endgame? I dunno, I might be misremembering.

That's what I remember.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I like puzzle fights, I just happen not to like P3's.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Teddie is bad and even worse in the sub. Sometimes I think about replaying P4G and then think about how much I hate that bear.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't think Teddie is a predator or anything, I just think he sucks mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I played on hard and found P3R outside the Elizabeth fight, because of what kind of fight it is, incredibly easy overall. I maxed all except 3 SLs and probably could have maxed all of them if I had planned a bit better at the beginning but it's not near as tight as the original version. Definitely focus on school links if they're available because there are somewhat unexpected moments where you lose access to them. Summer break is a great time to take care of a lot of the rest.