Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
The velvet room is a reflection of the soul. That's why mine is in the form of this forum thread on a defunct website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Harrow posted:

I tend to play Persona games with the English voices because the dubs are generally really good. Even when the translation is rough, as in P5, the actors give great performances. Max Mittelman as Ryuji is a real standout.

Matt Mercer gives one of his best performances as Yusuke, and Futaba was a real breakout for Erica Lindbeck.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

gently caress SNEEP posted:

P5 dub mispronouncing Japanese names makes me so sad :(

One of the more unintentional funny moments in the dub is when Matt Mercer, who's been around the block with anime games, pronounces Yusuke's name correctly when he introduces himself. Everyone else for the next hour refers to him as "Ki-TAAH-gu-wa."

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

There are two Chies fighting in each man's heart.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Solaris 2.0 posted:

The great thing about Persona 5 (and Persona 4G to an even greater extent) is there is no penalty (so far as I know) for lowering or increasing the difficulty at any time.

The only exception is the easiest (story mode) setting, but the game warns you about it so you don’t enable it by accident.

Yes I used easy/merciless to cheese my way through one or two bosses and no I’m not ashamed of it.

Every once in a while I think of Palace 5 and shudder at the thought of doing it on hard.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Guys, I thought we were gonna get new P6 news

That's tomorrow, isn't it?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Lotus Aura posted:

Going back to its roots. HD Remaster of SMT If... now officially titled Persona 0

They borrow from the RGG playbook and set the sequel in the 80s. THAT's a Persona 0 I'd play.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

We were expecting so little, and it was still a letdown. The symphonic concert might at least be a good listen if they're streaming the whole thing as they should be. (plague)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

If nothing else, it gives you a final act that wasn't exactly the same structurally as Persona 4.