Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Naoto gets a permanent spot in the party in P4G because she's the only one whose Persona has no elemental weaknesses, the others have to live with an Evade skill wasting a skill slot or going without any defense against getting knocked down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

neonchameleon posted:

Others don't work so well at all - could someone explain to me why Ryuji's ultimate Persona is Psi-primary?

He's really Psi-ched to see you.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Shadow World is good. I like Kanji's dance.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

It's probably been mentioned in the preceding 100 pages but the part in the story when you're allowed to go out at night and the vocals for Beneath the Mask come in for the first time is one of the sickest things in the history of games

Also I think rainy day BtM is my fave

:yeah:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Am I missing something obvious, or can you not use the analog stick to select dialogue options in the PC version? I can only use the D-pad there and it's kind of irritating.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

The original game was like that too.

Wow, I do not recall that at all.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I got the Will Seed accessory from the Madarame dungeon and I don't anticipate removing it from Joker any time soon. Straight up removing all of your weaknesses (probably doesn't need spoiler tags but just being safe) is a shockingly good effect for something you get in the second dungeon.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Are there any more requests where you can talk down the shadow instead of beating it up, apart from the first one? I'm in September and I haven't seen any Mementos fights use that mechanic other than the one with the cat hoarder that you get early in the game. It seems like an odd thing to have once and never again. Did I miss something obvious with this?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The palace music and walking-around music in the third semester are both good.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm wondering if I hosed up with my members' skills.

Like I removed healing from Ann cause I figured I could replace her healing with items.

I took Makoto's single Physical skill away instead of getting rid of her, uh, status effect.

Haru is jam packed with both Psy & Gun Boost/Amps, so all she has is her Psy spells, her Gun skill, and Evade Nuke.

Also not too sure how Boost, Amp, and Magic Ability work together.

I've made pretty much the same moves and feel no worse for the wear. Makoto doesn't learn a physical skill stronger than medium anyway, so I gave her an accessory letting her use Gigantomachia and that was that.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

But Adam Kadmon is arguably the coolest looking final boss design in the series, so who can say if he's wrong or not

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Jin is well-known on the Internet.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

A tiny thing I noticed in Royal: This Yusuke line was generated by an AI, right? It does not sound at all like a human spoke it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNlIEa_LrTg

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

or badly assembled from cuttings of different reads

Endorph posted:

ai voice stuff wasnt nearly as big when royal came out and its unlikely theyd randomly use it for a single line. like the person said above its probably just a bad splice job. splicing two different takes together is relatively common, but when done badly it can be really jarring.

Yeah, this makes more sense.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

LOL at Fuuka doing the "Trust nobody, not even yourself" thing

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

This game looks good, has great voice acting, and the music sounds much better than I was led to believe. Solid A-grade so far

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I like the way that Junpei says "Perfecto" like he's Beavis.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Nephrite posted:

Now can P1 keep the original music and not the crap that P1PSP got?

Okay some of the P1PSP songs were good but there's no way you can tell me any of them were better than P1PSX's.

School Days is the best walking-around theme in the series.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Nephrite posted:

I don't disagree with you, but Deadline versus Bloody Destiny???

That would be a fun one to hear remastered.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The new version of Burn My Dread Last Battle is a stinker, nothing about it works. Deep Mentality is a bit worse, because it replaces the distorted autotune vocals with clean singing that isn't as appropriate to the scene in which it plays. In Memories of the City, the Memories of You piano leitmotif and the guitar solo again are too clean. Everything else is fine or good.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

It's a bit of a pain in the rear end to set up. You need to install this modding framework and then go through and remove all tracks you don't want replaced from this directory of music files.

I'm not sure why the modder was seemingly incapable of balancing the audio, though. The updates even mention improving/fixing the balancing, but it was very obviously not fixed. You'd suddenly be hit with extremely loud or soft tracks.

If the modding experience is similar to P5, then it's because music volume for replacement tracks is decided apparently at random by the game, and balancing audio is a tedious process of hearing them all in game to know how loudly/quietly they've decided to play, and even then the battle tracks are all half as loud as they should be regardless of how you've processed it. I remember P5 having a mod that let you set the volume levels for individual tracks to alleviate this issue, don't know if Reload has anything similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Diabetic posted:

My finals days in P3 Reload:

Well I have ten days left, 6 unfulfilled social links and I may be able to get 3 of them done. I have no idea where I screwed up cause I'm supposed to have plenty of time. Oh well.

Question about The Sun arcana completion:

WTF was that? He is dying but then just...poofs? Was he some god? Was he a variation of the Biblical Witness?

The common interpretation seems to be that he died at some earlier point, probably not long after finishing his story, and his spirit gave you his notebook. Personally, I took his vanishing to be figurative, in that he "should" have been dead already but hung on long enough to finish the story, and once he gave you his book he passed away shortly after.