Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I just finished P3R and I’ve played 4/5. Are there any other games/spinoffs similar enough to these three for me to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
drat why is persona 5 royal so much more expensive on xbox than ps5. i swear i bought it for ps5 for like 20 bucks on sale and on xbox it's permanently 60 bucks

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I broke down and paid full price for P5R on Xbox. What’s the deal with the personas that are super high level that I can summon for free. Is this DLC? I’m not sure why they would let me summon and use a level 50 persona that one shots everything in the first palace. I assume I’m just not supposed to use those until late game? Kinda ruins the fun…

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Dang. I have a hard time not using all of the resources available to me but I’ll give it the old college try

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
what about instead of persona x it was persona sex??

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Replaying P5R after playing P3 and P4 makes me realize I really don't like the framing device used in P5R. The flashbacks when you meet a new confidant seemed forced 75% of the time. Oh...you could move gracefully.......WHO TAUGHT YOU GYMNASTICS???

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I'm planning on replaying P4G on a long plane ride. Does anyone know of any good ways to get an offline guide on my phone or something? My thought was just to print to pdf one of the online guides and send it to my phone, but if there was a better way that anyone knew of....

e: mainly looking for weaknesses, fusion guide, confidant and school answers

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I told myself I wasn’t going to fast forward through any dialogue or cutscenes on this playthrough of p5r but I get so impatient I end up doing it anyways and missing all major plot points. Then I go back and skim the log

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
The majority of characters in these games are predators so singling out teddy there doesn’t make a lot of sense to me

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i really love the persona 3 reload ost

e;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OEEvgEODM0

Sunk Dunk fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 5, 2024

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
So….2025?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Bunch corn ball 40 year olds taking about what is problematic in a 29 year old Japanese children’s game

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Every days great at your junes

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
It looks like they really dumped a lot of resources into that gacha game

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

They know their gacha audience that’s for sure

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I don’t know why I keep playing these games when they all wreck me emotionally for at least a week after I’m finished. Even the happy ending of P4G wrecked me

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Harrow posted:

Getting a late start on Reload. Clearing the first block of Tartarus in one day on Merciless wasn't nearly as tough as I was expecting it to be, though I did end up burning 7 fragments on a clock heal towards the end (and then immediately came across two chests I couldn't open, instant karma :negative:)

I'm sure it's been talked to death here but I'm very much not sold on the new recordings of some of the songs. But other than that this has been pretty fantastic so far and the inclusion of baton pass/shift is making me very happy.

I never listened to the originals so I only had positive reactions to the reload soundtrack. Which original tracks should I check out that you think are better?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMO-eAwvvuY

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
How are the persona animations? Worth a watch?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’m having technical issues with P5R on PC and this thread is my only hope. The game played fine for 60 hours and now suddenly the camera position always points up and will always go back once adjusted manually.

I did some googling and people recommended uninstalling something called vjoy, but I don’t have that on my PC.

I’ve also experimented with different controllers and a keyboard, with the same bad results so I don’t think it’s related to the input.

Any ideas?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Extremely dumb idea that you probably thought of, but could you have a second controller connected?

I've definitely left my arcade stick plugged in and got very confused as to why a game was acting weird

That's a good callout but I don't think that's it. I actually had that happen to me when I had a racing wheel plugged in and it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure it out.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
P5 was my first persona game and I loved it so much. I just finished playing P3R, P4G, and P5R back to back and P5R is definitely the weakest of the three for me. I still love it, but P4G and P3R just hit different.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I was so desperate for more persona after 3/4/5 I bought strikers only to find out it gives me the same issue of the camera always automatically pointing up. Doesn’t happen with P3R though….

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’ve never seen someone jack off with such tenacity. Who taught you how to work your meat???