Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Nice!!!! I'm glad I decided to check out this thread. Seriously; the very moment it's confirmed one can mod out "Looking coool, Joker!" I WILL give Royal a second go on the PC. 😩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
P5 on PC: Is there a "mute specifically the combat barks" mod yet?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
How is the upgrade patch for P4G on PC? Played it originally in 2020. Is it simply performance/bugfixes? It's got a 96% for recent reviews on Steam, so that probably answers my question already but I thought Id ask here.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Arist posted:

Because, while I love that game, the core thesis statement of its story has been eroded away by time and the advancing collective understanding of several cultural issues it arguably fumbles. I see enough discourse about it already and it's fifteen years old, I don't want to experience that constantly.

Also it's just completely unnecessary. There's no reason to do it besides money, the game plays fine.

What is Persona 4's core thesis statement?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
leaks state that the Persona 2 remake was confirmed, but offending content was reviewed: all LGBT subtext has been replaced with repetitive expositional dialog, and the characters have been aged down to high school (no day jobs, etc)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

hatty posted:

Always skip Keisuke, Kenji, and moon guy. I like everyone else just fine though

I appreciate how moon guy has always been moon guy, or sometimes Persona Cartman.

When I first played Persona 3, I started moon guy thinking, "wow, he's so abrasive and offputting that this MUST be going somewhere" :roflolmao:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I hope somebody knows this and can absolutely be like, "Hey, moon guy isn't based off the South Park character at all! He's based off of <character from Japanese pop culture who very independently happens to coincide with all the same exact gross character traits>!"

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Majorian posted:

That's just her process, man. She holds that 100% conviction rate for a reason - her instincts are just that good. Don't question it!:smugbert:

correct

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
wth, there's no gay people in Persona...

:confused:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I dont have an answer, but what I would attempt is trying to download GameFAQs guides as txt. is this still possible? lol

failing that, I would try to find a PDF scan of a strategy guide on Archive Org. there's also some third thing I am forgetting.

anecdotally, I find Persona 4 real easy to jump back into 100% blind and missing a Press Turn here or there, and messing around with difficulty settings

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Arist posted:

Kanji is easily the best character in the game

the entire series, actually, and Atlus knows it! which is why they'll never, ever let it happen again!!! :spooky:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

let what happen again?

Im expressing kind of cynicism about the future of the franchise bc it seems to me like a total fluke that Atlus accidentally let a major character(🤑) get that close to LGBT Themes in a sincere, sympathetic light, and they've been walking tf back on "it's ok to be gay, actually!" in unambiguous, genuine terms ever since. they didnt even quite go there in the first place! Id be happy if Im wrong someday tho, Im just not very hopeful

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Baofu deez nuts :troll:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
my first Megami Tensei was Revelations: Persona, and then Revelations: The Demon Slayer, but only because Im a little baby with eyes too sensitive for viewing Jack Bros. in all its glory.... and for some reason I never owned a Sega Dreamcast for Maken X, one of the most epic fail and ftl descisions of my young life :gonk:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Persona Q3 for Nintendo Switch 2, with FemMC for not just 3, but 4 and 5 also..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I want the return of the one character I would most identify with in the current age: a 45 year old chainsmoking, "Through The Looking Glass" a dozen times over Maki/Mary from Persona 1 and she's kicking rear end