Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

It'd definitely be cool if you don't recruit generics and all the people on your own side are unique.

Also reminder that FFTactics literally had this as cutscene dialogue, it's always been political drama just like Tactics Ogre:

quote:

Milleuda: How can you nobles live as you do and yet hold your heads so high? We are not chattel! We are humans, no less than you! What flaw do you hold there to be in us? That we were born between a different set of walls? Do you know what it means to hunger? To sup for months on naught but broth of bean? Why must we be made to starve that you might grow fat? You call us thieves, but it is you who steal from us the right to live!

Argath: You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!

Milleuda: By whose decree!? Who decides such foul and absurd things?

Argath: 'Tis heaven's will!

Milleuda: Heaven's will? You would pin your bigotry on the gods? No god would fain forgive such sin, much less embrace it! All men are equal in the eyes of the gods!

Argath: Men, yes. But the gods have no eyes for chattel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I feel bad that I'm so bad at this game, I was also stuck on the "you're in a valley surrounded by archers" battle until I looked up someone else playing it and found that counterintuitively it's best to retreat into the valley further so you can go around and up one of the sides, and then the boss comes at you relatively isolated.

I feel like I'm bad at making choices. Turtling up is bad because enemy mages and archers have the same range that you do. Healing that way is unsustainable unless you bring multiple healers (why the gently caress can Hossabara not target herself with Be Brave??). Striking out gets you surrounded if you're not careful about it.

Bosses also have like triple the health of any of your characters.