Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

bewilderment posted:

It'd definitely be cool if you don't recruit generics and all the people on your own side are unique.

Also reminder that FFTactics literally had this as cutscene dialogue, it's always been political drama just like Tactics Ogre:

On my last playthrough of FFT it was very satisfying to get Argath killed in every fight he's a guest in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How's the story writing in this game? Kinda on the fence about it and waiting to hear thoughts from people far in/near the end, since Octopath gave me a real strong first impression but I fell off on it midway.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The talking to combat ratio early on is a little exhausting.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Played up to chapter 5 on a friend's copy. Still mulling over a purchase. About how long is one run looking? I know there's multiple routes but not sure if I'd go for 100% this game or not because in long games especially I don't really like pushing through on story choices I find really lovely, although I guess with the way this game works I might be stuck on an option I don't like if my conviction points are too low to convince enough people?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How's the JP voice acting?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
What’s the level cap?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Up to Ch 17 and Really not a fan of the setup here. Keeping the sort of paper-rock-scissors of plans feels a bit forced when there's definitely more ground to compromise Benedict and Frederica's, who both would make enemies of Hyzante, and Roland who practically about faces. Also Benedict being pragmatic to a fault is understandable but gently caress Roland for saying "both my pride and the Roselle's lives are a small sacrifice" then opposing a plan based on his personal vendetta.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Reik posted:

If only there was another way...

I know that path's choices but decided to go with what would have been my gut instincts had I not known, which locked that out in chapter 9. Sided with Frederica mostly the first run but decided to with Benedict's strategy at the end

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Reik posted:

Yeah, each ending feeling hollow is what led me to start NG+ right after, I feel like the game should drop more hints about there being a 4th path in NG+.

I plan on doing all 3 before doing the true route, but Roland's is definitely the one I least want to do and would be most tempted to skip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Finished my first playthrough going the "red" path. I know that each non-golden ending is supposed to not feel like a "good" ending, but the execution still felt really contrived and hollow. Having the man who took the realm effectively by conquest resign to letting Benedict being all 'well there are systems in place nothing we can do' about the inequality in the kingdom felt pretty dumb. Roland, who was entirely willing to resign the Roselle to being eternal slaves under Idore's rule becoming all savior of the downtrodden also felt incredibly unearned.