Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Epi Lepi posted:

I have noticed that units will retreat towards the healers to get topped off which annoys the poo poo out of me.

I've come to appreciate it as forcing me to consider turn orders and securing kills, or at least forcing a unit to withdraw from the front.

It at least makes sense, unlike Final Fantasy Tactics where a unit on low hp would retreat to the corners even if that served no tactical utility and forced you to waste several turns chasing them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I never got the impression he was prejudiced against the Roselle. He just ranks them all as lower in importance than the Big Pressing Concerns. I would expect the same attitude towards some random village, it's just that a random village never present themselves as an obstacle.

Frederica had him bang to rights. The oppressed simply don't feature on the time tables of conquerers.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Harrow posted:

In case you do decide to just leave some people behind, the EXP curve means that catching up underleveled units is really fast in this. Like if a unit is more than 3 or 4 levels below the battle's recommended level, they'll gain a full level for every action they take.

And they retain levels of you lose. I got up to speed on new game by losing the intro fight three times.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

roomtone posted:

is this game always going to have an hour of cutscenes between every battle or does that fall off as you get into it?

i like srpg battles and team building but i bounce off almost every srpg because the stories are so long and boring.

It front loads the story pretty badly, but the amount of exposition gets lighter. It's still a story heavy game, but most people get deeply invested and what's happening gets much more exciting, so it's not a problem.

That first couple of hours though, yeah, oof.