Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Just started playing this after finishing up Octopath 2. I'm about 12 hours in, just hit the part where i'm about to turn on cold land to join up with desert land (I promise I am paying attention to and loving the story, but both this and Octopath share the problem of "every single proper noun is impossible to remember unless it's on screen)

Not using a guide and feel like every decision I'm making is dogshit and I am not sticking to any one moral (at least, not intentionally), so I assume I'm going to get a miserable ending. Hope to go back for a NG+ though.

Question, though: I've now amassed a whole bunch of weird extra guys (a juggler???), and while I think it might be fun to mix them into my party, I am very stressed about the limited upgrade resources. How did y'all pick and choose what to upgrade? Did you just stick to the core characters (I did give main character my first level 2 upgrade), or did you try to spread upgrades out very evenly across all 15 or whatever guys? Are the kind of obvious gimmick characters (again: juggler) the sort of thing to not bother spending resources on unless you know what you're doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU