Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm really glad that this "HD 2D" thing has been successful for Square so far.

The company has really been getting their "edge" back over the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

AI was fine, but it was kinda funny how they wouldn't break Ice walls, like in the stairs chokepoint. It was very strange.

I was annoyed how the boss in the second fight didn't move unless I approached them.

I realize that's how the genre works sometimes but I still found it dumb in the context of the story. She is invading ME not the other way around.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

OhFunny posted:

They said they tuned the battle difficulty higher than they will be in the final game.

Much like they did with Bravely Default 2's first demo.

But the difficulty is perfect.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I've been avoiding info on this game because I don't like spoilers, but what's the general consensus of it?

Like how does it compare to say Fire Emblem?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Playing this game now and am finding all the reviewers who complained about too many cutscenes as being weird.

The visual novel hybrid aspect of the game is cool.