Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hello, just got the game last week, and I'm very bad at getting votes. So far we've managed to vote to betray whomever just allied with us.
I wanted to vote to help Roland, but was overruled, then tried to help the wheat house and was overruled. We then betrayed Aesfrost when Hyzanthe invaded, and exposed Ende's dealings. Of course we refused to hand over the roselle.
We just voted to blow up the bridge, so thankfully no choice there was "down Hyzanthe at sea" or somehow Benedict would have done it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I usually had the unlocked dialog options, and during the persusasion phase I think I realized just spamming the unlocked option wasn't an instant-persusasion.

Also, drowning the Hyzanthe fleet was the comedy option, game. I didn't think you'd actually Drown General Avlora (although, ofc, we didn't see the body)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's kinda funny that in the early game they said it was my choice and as lord I had the authority, but I'm the only one who doesn't vote!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I think this was a big choice in chapter 15:
Chose to help the Roselle because uh, it's your kingdom Roland. You fix it.
Dad, pick up the quill and send me a letter.
Yeah I'm going to help the border town with the population of former slaves who also happen to live in my demanse. Why are the other two opens even there?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Trish seems great but do I need four archers?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Chapter 17: Save before making this choice, or else! the game warns:
Roland, twice we have chosen to abandon what we were doing and help the Roselle and you think we're just going to surrender to Hyzanthe? No wonder you suck as king. Sheesh. I wasn't going to tell anyone before but now WOULD be the time to let everyone know I'm an heir too and the player character so maybe I should be king?
Benedict, you're not wrong but your insistence that we have to ally with Aesfrost to the exclusion of the Roselle is hosed up. Also I think the game is just handwaving away that last time we tried to ally with them we stabbed them in the back.
Also we killed Gus's brother, sister, and favorite general in a different chapter, but no one else considers that to be a hindrence to the plan so I won't.
Fredrica, I get you're playing a lot of Fallout lately but maybe war changes? And, uh, you don't think maybe there's people in centralia already? Gonna be super awkward when we get there and we have to fight for a new homeland. This is the choice I ended up making and it's only at the end when I'm arguing with Benedict (who only now is saying I should be king,) that people are saying we won't just up and move unless we have to. I feel like this scene was rewritten a few times and some details and flow charts were left out. But whatever. Ginger player chooses to save the bullied redheads.

Surely this will end well!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Prowler posted:

I dunno if you've been paying attention, but there is a really good reason why no one thinks this would be a hindrance to their plan: Gustav doesn't give a poo poo about anyone other than himself. .
I know the whom doesn't bother him but the what specifically that I'm just stabbing all the people executing his will in direct challenge to his authority should be a deal breaker.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Stop is such bullshit lmao.
So is the op getting like four rogues to my one

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm going to grind up some kudos for the revive because the only qp skills I have are In Tandom and Battle Cry.

Also Stop beats Invincible, and any cure all. It's op bullshit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Finally did it! I got lucky and she didn't stop my shield bearer so I could feed him tp and keep using king's shield while the others took out the swarm. Dawnspear taking one for the homies

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I finished the Fredrica run. I had to turn down the difficulty, as the allied AI wouldn't run and kept getting one shorted into game over
Good for Benedict tho. He doesn't have to worry about me making GBS threads up his plans with things like morals

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Game is good and fun but a bit silly. I'll see what carries over in ng+ before I try to get everything or just look up an ending guide

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JuniperCake posted:

Like it'll tell you what conviction stat each dialog choice is, and tell you what stats you need to recruit x character, etc.
What does this mean? Like recruit for voting or to join the team? I assume there's some portrait people who didn't join that I could have convinced if I made some different choices somewhere.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Neat!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I prioritized the main cast, but the ones you use are the ones to grind.
Don't worry so much about everything on the horizontal tree, the costs grow geometricly, so after two wait until end game before getting the others
Anna is a murder machine, and so is your wife.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Speaking of TS and FFT, is there a tactics Ogre thread?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The convictions govern how well you can manipulate people during the voting phase, and when they hit certain levels randos will come to camp for recruitment.
You can't see this until NG+ where they're all revealed (your number, what you need for recruitment, and what happens when you chose an option)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You can also fly up the ladder and rain arrows outside the stated range of the unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I didn't use her at all