Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I enjoyed the demo a lot, and am looking forward to this game. I'm a bit concerned about what kind of customization there will be other than "X is an ice wizard, Y is a scout" more akin to FE when you're usually used to a genre of class changing/subclassing/ability/passive choosing.

The speedup button was nice but really needs more oomph. Enjoyed the story bits (LOVE the profile hotkey during them), not too much of a fan of the comical bad guys artstyle, but way too early to tell if this is fleshed out into one big great story or not. But unless they really mess this up, I will definitely be getting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Scrap Dragon posted:

Completed a second playthrough of the demo, apparently it’s possible to only recruit one of the optional characters as I only got the item girl this time around.

Edit: The trap map was a little touch and go but it was so, so, much easier than the other one

Wait there's more than just the water shaman lady?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

well, one is the most famous medeval styled fantasy stories of the last 30 years, and the other is a videogame franchise that hasnt had a new entry in like 20 years

:negative:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I don’t think anyone disagrees, the problem was the UI. Moving the cursor around the map was very slow, why not just have a list so you can scroll through it and have the cursor jump to that area? Also, sometimes you’d watch a main story cutscene and then it’d kick you back to the map and ask you to select the same place to watch another cutscene... it was incredibly cumbersome.

Yeah instead of the world map just having the default and zoomed in, it really needed a zoomed out mode, where you just direction button to go from place to place immediately or the FFT alternative of a button to put a selection of locales