Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No real effort post from me. I just played Tactics Ogre for the first time last year and I'm thinking of grabbing Final Fantasy Tactics to finally give that a try so I'm really looking forward to this coming out. I can't wait to get a second demo which seems to be how Square does these things now. Since Octopath came out I've been wanting more games in this style and I'm glad they're moving away from the Saga base of Octopath. This needs to be on the same level as Tactics Ogre/FFT to be good and the demo lesves me with high hopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Looper posted:

did we play the same thing??

Not at all. :)

And it can't be said enough, this is much closer to Tactics Ogre than FFT. Mostly because of the split paths and decisions than anything else really since both were pretty grounded fantasy war dramas.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ace Transmuter posted:

Um, actually, there's no class system or generic units, so it's actually the most accurate to compare it to Shining Force III :smuggo:

I wouldn't know since the drat thing still isn't translated.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just got the survey in my email. I gave it a 3/5 stars and my biggest complaints were how long the battles were.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

They felt a little tedious to me but I've always felt that way about FFT/Tactics Ogre style games. Doesn't stop me from enjoying them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I know. It's a design decision that I don't understand. I'd much rather have the demo have the intended difficulty than some inflated one.

Also I said the battles were tedious, not hard. I feel the inflated difficulty made the battles longer than they needed to be.