Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm considering buying the Swtich version even though Tactics Ogre comes out in less than 4 weeks.

You should, the game is really fun especially towards the later portions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How did you choose randomly? Corentin is great though. Strong caster and once he can auto generate TP you don't need Julio or Medina on him.

I don't really know why this happened but in my first playthrough of the game I completely avoided him. It wasn't until my 2nd that I started using him, and he owns so much especially once you unlock glacial moon.

Towards the later portions of the game you can easily cheese fights with glacial moon spam too.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fangz posted:

Most of the characters have their uses. Corentin is really good, Medina is extremely good in NG+, Julio is very useful. I like using Narve.

Yeah even on hard mode you can basically play whatever party matches your playstyle. I love archibald although his movement is not that good.

There are a few characters who's skillsets are kind of OP and imo make the game boring.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Regy Rusty posted:

I personally don't think it takes too long setting things up at all. It introduces the characters and setting and then things kick off chapter four. I'd say only chapter 3 is a little extraneous.

I don't mind the slow start but the first couple of battles were pretty boring. I definitely did put it down a few times. Chapter 6's fight isn't really complex or anything, but I had a lot of fun and it sold me on the game.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Biggest problem is paralysis on who to give upgrades. I upgraded Hughette for more damage but idk which debuff to increase duration, and I have to decide between Benedic, the shaman and the barlady for a weapon upgrade...

This is from a while back but just give upgrades to characters you enjoy playing with. I got archibald kind of early and went ham on his upgrades much to the detriment of the rest of my party. :angel:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jigsaw posted:

So apparently this just got a Switch update today out of nowhere.

Don’t know if it’s on Steam, and I haven’t seen any official announcements or discussion. Just got surprised by an “update data was downloaded” while playing TotK.

Edit:

Whoa wtf, thats such a great update.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Regy Rusty posted:

You'll get a chance to use every unit in the game across the multiple playthroughs if you want. Just focus on a core team for each run and mix it up on the next one.

yeah this is correct, you can make every party combination work if you're playing hard too

i wouldnt worry too much about leveling up or upgrading characters either, the training mechanics make catching up/getting materials for upgrading pretty easy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I started a new playthrough of the story, and am stuck on the chapter 14 avolra fight.

Was that chapter always so hard? I don't remember having any troubles with this fight in previous attempts.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smiling Knight posted:

Which variant? The boat one is easiest, because you can control when and how you engage. The castle garden one is tougher, as she will bum rush you with mage support and a couple of hawk riders harassing your back line.

I didn't realize there were multiple maps for this chapter but it's the castle one.

i think the fight is mostly fine but the regen + mages nuking you is absolutely brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Poque posted:

Yesssss please do my Jens method. It was extremely silly and fun. I had to reset a few times to make sure she walked onto the spring trap, but once it hit the fight was HARD over.

https://twitter.com/pox_please/status/1528554150585171970

She should've taken her own advice :smugdog:

whoa thats sick, i should play more jens