Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I like this demo a ton. I wish the camera had a set, rotatable perspective like FFT. Trying to fight the free move into an angle I liked was giving me vertigo.

The end of turn mechanics were clunky for me too. I can't really explain why but I don't like them.

Also the art is some study-hall 10th grade hack action. The character portraits look like it's drawn by somebody who saw some anime once and still calls it "japanimation".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

So what's up with this voice acting? I'm barely past the first scene and it is total trash. Some of the worst I've heard.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I actually like Hossabarra. She's not a great healer for me yet, but her stick whaps mooks good.

The person I don't care for is the item tossing medic. Double toss is fine, but that's all she does. She can waste an antidote poisoning people but she's hard to level and all I'm doing is burning through my potions.

I wish that drat store would restock already.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

It's hard to compare strategy games to Tactics Ogre though. I mean that game had so much poo poo going on and was so heavy with stuff. I dunno how easy it would be to even make a game that you could compare it to.

This game is pretty good. Voice acting is garbo though, absolutely.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Is there any way to get tier one class upgrade medals?

I still have a couple people to reclass, but the story battles are dropping tier 3 medals and I havent had any level ones drop in the mental battles.

The kudos store hasn't restocked since before I bought the third quietus upgrade. Like chapter 9 I think?

Edit: just beat chapter XIV. Archibald restocked himself and we're all good.

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 14, 2022

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I enjoyed basing my opinions on characters from their portraits before the game even lets you know they're bad news.

Sorsley, Telliore and the Aesfrostian Three absolutely look scheming and evil in their portraits. It's not subtle.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

One of the mental battles involves making sure Serenoa doesn't die while fighting near some castle gates.

It was really easy to bring my entire team up to the same level by beating up the barricades or constantly using their buff skills.

It's a cool way to ensure you're not leaving anyone behind and to mix up your teams.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Speaking of Hughette, what is her Sights Set skill supposed to do?

It says it deals damage to enemies in range but it seems to do nothing.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its overwatch, if an enemy moves into her range she makes an attack on them. Honestly doesn't seem that great, I only ever use it when she can't do anything else.

Do they have to move IN to her range? I thought it might be an overwatch so I procced it in the middle of a group of enemies and she didn't shoot at any of them. I figured she'd pop them when their turns came up.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I loved that I could electrify the rails in the minecart map so I could shock and paralyze the mooks.

And then I could call the cart to hit them.

Slapstick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

The only complaint I have is that ramming people off into pits doesn't seem to work.

Ramming and spring trapping mooks off ledges is super cool and fun but there's a few maps with apparent bottomless pits, like the mine and the waterfall with invisible walls surrounding them.

Enemies still take damage when rammed into them, but I was hoping for them to fall and be gone. One of my favorite things in Tactics Ogre was shoving hordes of dudes into nowhere with a shield, so it bums me out we can't do it here.