Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Decoy is basically “summon an AI-controlled clone that has a passive taunt”. It’s a free extra unit you don’t have to micro-manage, which is stupid good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Frederica’s AoE is the trap and Picoletta’s decoy is the bait. Throw Hughette in with Sights Set and you got a melee mulcher stew brewin’.

Any AoE taunt will also work as bait, especially Erador with King’s Shield.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Ace Transmuter posted:

Finding the Scale of Conviction mechanics weirdly inconsistent. My record so far:

1st Choice: Convince everyone, unanimous vote
2nd Choice: Convince only one person, I win 4-3
3rd Choice: Fail to convince anyone, I lose 3-4
4th Choice: Convince everyone, unanimous vote

Maybe I just screwed up on those middle two? Are there particular thresholds I need to hit to convince people or is it just a matter of picking the wrong arguments?

Each person has a different score for each of the 3 scale philosophies: Liberty (red), Morality (green), and Utility (Yellow). They cast their vote based on their own internal score for the philosophies available in the decision. When you talk to someone, your choices alter their score depending on the answers you pick. How much the target's score is changed depends on Serenoa's scores for those attributes, and how you play the game determines what Serenoa's scores are. The "Serenoa's convictions have been strengthened" message indicates when one of his philosophy scores goes up. You won't be able to know exactly which philosophy score has gone up, or which ones the answers align with until playing in New Game+. The game wants you to infer things on your own and roleplay the first time through.

Sometimes a person's score is high/low enough that you won't be able to sway them even if you pick the "right" answers, and there are a few times where someone is 100% set on their decision and you can't change their mind no matter what.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 20, 2022

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Fangz posted:

The real revelation with Roland is Roland kinda sucks

That’s readily apparent from chapter 1. “Worst decision possible” made flesh.

In the Benedict ending sure, Serenoa does a capitalism, but Roland the genius thinks it’s a good idea to start an underground rebellion by teaming up with the deposed leader of the religious empire that falsified history to create a slave race who they also used as zombie fodder for their magic automaton fake god. Sure, that guy tooootally has the downtrodden underclasses best interests at heart, Roland.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Yes, but it’s pretty much dead:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009374