Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I enjoyed the demo a good deal. My criticisms don't seem too dissimilar to everything I'm hearing online. The dialogue is a bit stilted and overwritten with some of the more outlandish fantasy names I've seen in a while. The voice acting is not particularly great either.

The stuff I liked - just about everything else. I thought the battle system was nice and easy to comprehend. I did lean a little bit heavy on the fast-forward option so that it didn't drag on. Magic seems a bit overpowered at the moment compared to melee. When I recruited the Shaman unit, I took Shield Guy out of combat because I thought he was mostly worthless in the first fight. The Shaman's electricity skill was just about a 70-80% damage when you cast it.

As a big Tactics Ogre fan, I'm excited to see how many branching paths/unit differences they can introduce with the Scales of Conviction system. Your party having to vote on which action to take is a neat system, although it seemed a little *too* easy to sway them just by talking to people in the town. The decision being something like 4-2-1 at give the prince up ended 7-1 in the opposite direction (the path I wanted to take). Given this is just an early demo and I'm sure there's surveys to follow, I look forward to seeing more of the game's development all the while still wishing for another Tactics Ogre. Matsuno worked on FF14, let's make it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU