Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/USAmbJapan/status/1778235346435576042

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
wait who the gently caress let rahm emmanuel be an ambassador to anywhere

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/WhoisVindictive/status/1778240435816694269?t=9EOIAyhgGYyaGNEpeCSnaw&s=19

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Long-Time Lurker posted:

His fans are just going to continue acting like he was the bigger man who totally didn't start this poo poo.

This is true and it is making me insane looking at some of the takes on twitter right now.

"There's no way Jack can come back after they showed everyone how he got his rear end kicked" is a common take. I am bemused

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

C. Everett Koop posted:

better that he’s in a meaningless sinecure job than actually affecting policy

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Stealth Tiger posted:

This is true and it is making me insane looking at some of the takes on twitter right now.

"There's no way Jack can come back after they showed everyone how he got his rear end kicked" is a common take. I am bemused

I just can't understand how many people are such blatant liars for "fun". We live in a world of children

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

I just can't understand how many people are such blatant liars for "fun". We live in a world of children

I blame cody rhodes

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Hopefully he is going to be in a totally theatrical, powerless role

much like other Chicago guy, cm punk stuck on commentary

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

moane

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

C. Everett Koop posted:

Once you reach a certain level in American politics you never go away until you die. You just move around positions depending on what party is in power.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Joe was shooting :3:
:allears:
https://x.com/dorbyallen/status/1778245902672773614?s=46

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Joe's the badass that Punk wishes he was

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

One of the things that did make me smile at All In was the fact that with the career he'd had and at this stage in it, he was able to perform in front of a crowd that size and have the majority of them cheering for him despite him being the heel (especially in my section that was 99.99% in support of Joe with the 0.01% being some high pitched guy screaming for Punk). At the time I just had a thought that this is a really great moment for him.

And then all the backstage stuff came out and now after seeing the CCTV footage it makes me smile even more thinking about it.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Hoss Corncave posted:

One of the things that did make me smile at All In was the fact that with the career he'd had and at this stage in it, he was able to perform in front of a crowd that size and have the majority of them cheering for him despite him being the heel (especially in my section that was 99.99% in support of Joe with the 0.01% being some high pitched guy screaming for Punk). At the time I just had a thought that this is a really great moment for him.

And then all the backstage stuff came out and now after seeing the CCTV footage it makes me smile even more thinking about it.

My section was the same, all in for Samoa Joe.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Hell, the owner of the New York Jets was Ambassador to the United Kingdom.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Stealth Tiger posted:

So violently assaulted he kept adjusting his hair.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Punk should have reasonably claimed the violence was exaggerated and his firing unjustified, since he's physically incapable of harming someone with a punch and it's been proven once again

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The337th posted:

Punk should have reasonably claimed the violence was exaggerated and his firing unjustified, since he's physically incapable of harming someone with a punch and it's been proven once again

he could have just not talked about it. Or better yet not tried to punch his co-worker and lunge at and threaten his boss. Or even better than that not have talked poo poo about a bunch of people in his company back during brawl-out. But Punk makes the decisions he makes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

he could have just not talked

AKA the CM Punk story

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dimebags Brain posted:

Once you reach a certain level in American politics you never go away until you die. You just move around positions depending on what party is in power.

Mitch McConnell came to mind while I was reading this

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

TV Zombie posted:

Mitch McConnell came to mind while I was reading this
McConnell was shuffling around in entry level positions 50+ years ago, then he got elected to the US Senate forty years ago and held that position ever since, winning seven straight statewide elections. That's in stark contract to Rahm, whose career has been:

1993-1998: Clinton White House Advisor
1998-1999: Private investment banker
2000-2001: Appointed to the Board of Directors for Freddie Mac
2002: Elected to Congress
2006: Appointed chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
2008: Vacated congressional seat to be White House Chief of Staff
2010: Leaves White House, announces bid to run for Mayor of Chicago
2011 + 2015: Elected Mayor of Chicago
2016: Hired as contributing editor of the Atlantic, job withdrawn after staffers complained about him
2016-2019: Other stuff
2020: Angles for cabinet position(s), shot down for all of them
2021: Appointed ambassador of Japan

Since I just realized I am typing all of this in a Wrestling Social Media Thread, Mitch McConnell, as terrible as he is, is like the Hulk Hogan or Kane or Ric Flair of lovely politicians, nobody you know seems to like them but they're broadly successful and keep getting jobs no matter what poo poo they pull or how close to death they may seem.

Rahm Emmanuel is more like a Bruce Pritchard or Brutus Beefcake or Chase Owens; they've been around a lot and no one seems to like them and they've never been very successful, but they always seem/seemed to find regular work regardless.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Being too much of a poo poo for The Atlantic is pretty funny

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:unsmith:
That's alright for Jack

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1778444036191519113?s=46

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Shard posted:

he could have just not talked about it. Or better yet not tried to punch his co-worker and lunge at and threaten his boss. Or even better than that not have talked poo poo about a bunch of people in his company back during brawl-out. But Punk makes the decisions he makes.

I'm gonna punch this post in the face

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

But I read that Perry was finished?!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

lol Jack Perry leading the silent majority

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
lord I hope there's some way for Jack to come out to Cult of Personality tomorrow

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I wonder how long it'd take for Downstait to throw down a cover

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is an insane story.

https://twitter.com/CosmicAngelss/status/1778472438084325846
https://twitter.com/oblivindi/status/1778492667128615402

Zelina would not pay in full for his entrance gear and then Malakai Black pretended to be her assistant.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sounds like the House of Black needs to go out to the timeout shack

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Sounds like the House of Black needs to go out to the timeout shack

With how busted up Malakai has been for a while, should sadly just retire. Brody should just take over HoB have them absorb Dark Order so Uno can be a weaselly crafty bad guy a Wormtongue type, the Beaver Boys can be their chaotically evil stooges, while Buddy is the heavy, same with Julia. Brody is the full on big bad holding like the Continental Crown belt, or the International Belt.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Nigel Powers was right about the Dutch

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jiro posted:

With how busted up Malakai has been for a while, should sadly just retire. Brody should just take over HoB have them absorb Dark Order so Uno can be a weaselly crafty bad guy a Wormtongue type, the Beaver Boys can be their chaotically evil stooges, while Buddy is the heavy, same with Julia. Brody is the full on big bad holding like the Continental Crown belt, or the International Belt.

HODOR (House Of Dark ORder) could be kind of fun

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MassRafTer posted:

This is an insane story.

Zelina would not pay in full for his entrance gear and then Malakai Black pretended to be her assistant.

This is some unexpected lore

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I saw someone post this really smart idea the other day that House of Brody should literally murder Danhausen and then cast a spell that reincarnates him as not a geek. Well, still kind of a geek, but a really vicious one that Julia leads around on, I dunno, like a steel chain leash or something. Like Wild Child from Age of Apocalypse. I haven’t read that in 30 years.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Easy to sell out when you only make four shirts.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

This is an insane story.

Can't believe these pro-wrestlers are grifters and con artists

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Majinfoose posted:

This is some unexpected lore

Remember when Malakai debuted and he said either in a promo or on tumblr or wherever that he has multiple personalities inside of Tommy End?

The Assistant is another.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's why they fired Jose, TK said the company only had room for one assistant :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

C. Everett Koop posted:

Easy to sell out when you only make four shirts.

there's six sizes, smart guy :colbert: