Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shoutouts to Bryce Remsburg who had the best seat in the house for both matches

https://twitter.com/IQWrestler/status/1782386030496432484

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Ex-cuse me, show some respect

A simpsons joke on botchamania

Comparing Seth's efforts to Willie's was particularly genius.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Shoutouts to Bryce Remsburg who had the best seat in the house for both matches

https://twitter.com/IQWrestler/status/1782386030496432484

What I enjoy about this particular suggestion for best match in the USA is it will absolutely boil the piss of the worst sort of WWE/Cornette fans, the notion that the best match happened in the former ECW Arena in front of several hundred people for one of the sleaziest indies (XPW still have them beat, despite Ian's best efforts) & features a guy who never got close to the WWE.

I'm not sure I'd agree it's #1, but I'd really have to think about what is. Kobashi Joe rules obviously but part of that is the fantastic crowd & sheer spectacle of seeing Kenta Kobashi in the US. The best Danielson match (imo) was vs Nigel in Liverpool so that doesn't count. Another highly rated & great ROH match of that era is the Blood Generation vs Do FIXER 6 man tag from the first Supercard of Honor, which is still fantastic but is hard to separate from this being the first time an awful lot of people in the west had seen Dragon Gate guys & while it's still incredible & does in fact stand up, it's probably got quite so much praise because people had seen little like it. I dunno, now I'm really thinking about this stupid question.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Those seem like contenders however I have to give it to WeeLC

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cool Post Beg posted:

Those seem like contenders however I have to give it to WeeLC

no spike powerslam so its not as good as joe vs the necro butcher

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Speaking of Mister Necro Butcher, BJW announced he's got a "hippocampal fracture" which I can't tell if it's a skull fracture or if he's got a broken brain. Well, I know he's got a broken brain, but...

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
someone dragged grim kim to an indie show

https://www.thenation.com/article/culture/the-glorious-proletarian-theater-of-pro-wrestling/

it's good and you should be following her already on your favorite platforms

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TozawaAkira/status/1782826590407164118

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

graph posted:

https://www.thenation.com/article/culture/the-glorious-proletarian-theater-of-pro-wrestling/

Must have showed up late because she didn't mention the Punjabi Prison match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/PCOisNotHuman/status/1782534965294452770

If the embed cuts this tweet off where it does in DMs it's perfect if not it's still amusing.

Edit: It did not. It cut it off so it read "to simp" boo.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

graph posted:

This is a really beautiful article, thank you so much for sharing.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Getting teary-eyed at work cause of pro wrestling, thank you Kim Kelly

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/notJigsaw/status/1782774193009873305

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

Speaking of Mister Necro Butcher, BJW announced he's got a "hippocampal fracture" which I can't tell if it's a skull fracture or if he's got a broken brain. Well, I know he's got a broken brain, but...

According to the English BJW Twitter account, it's an acetabular fracture. Which is a broken hip, specifically the socket part of the ball-and-socket joint.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I guess that's probably better than a broken skull? And I'd say that'd be a wrap on ol' Necro's career, but he seems like the kinda guy who won't die unless he does it in the ring

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

apophenium posted:

Excited for Dan Harmon wrestling

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is Necro still doing the lovely MAGA gimmick?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gimmick?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

wrestlers saying so many relatable things lately

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Baka Gaijin is backing MAGA Butcher, hmm?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They do say the best gimmick is the one you live.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Deathlove posted:

Baka Gaijin is backing MAGA Butcher, hmm?

Don't worry, Chris Brookes is still sound. BJW call the team around Necro & Mad Man Pondo Baka Gaijin, entirely unrelated to Brookes fun promotion

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

Don't worry, Chris Brookes is still sound. BJW call the team around Necro & Mad Man Pondo Baka Gaijin, entirely unrelated to Brookes fun promotion

bless you for this, i am at peace

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I was also concerned about this.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

akira is bjw baka gaijin too. im glad some of these new deathmatch guys are getting to see japan but it sucks that it has to be through pondo and the mega bitch, akira could be very fun in ddt and like 666

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Akira has the GOAT indie wrestling entrance song, is a great wrestler, and found me after the show after he sold out of signed stuff to sign my tshirt bc the lady running his merch told him i was a big fan. Dude is just fuckin awesome.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ah, that is unfortunate

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1781869897821081822

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/theleemoriarty/status/1782948921678995616

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/StokelyHathaway/status/1782815199377998311?t=SWw6zblCfmRh0s6WHEyxow&s=19

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That picture of Stoke and Taz is funny enough, adding a true hater is next level. God I'm so glad Taz is here and having a good time.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

That picture of Stoke and Taz is funny enough, adding a true hater is next level. God I'm so glad Taz is here and having a good time.

AEW commentary is generally always very good and very fun, but Dynasty had some of the best commentary moments in recent memory. Tony even said "yeah of course we're having fun, we're watching wrestling" which feels like the unofficial motto for AEW.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW commentary is generally always very good and very fun, but Dynasty had some of the best commentary moments in recent memory. Tony even said "yeah of course we're having fun, we're watching wrestling" which feels like the unofficial motto for AEW.

AEW is, of course, where the best watch wrestling!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think AEW's commentary is by far the best out of any wrestling I've watched. They just seem to be having so much fun while marking out for great spots, and their friendship helps the commentary a ton. Some of the things said during commercial breaks on Fite are absolutely hilarious, and they always do a good job of bringing in guest commentators to the feel really well outside of Mone who is still a bit too stiff and in character.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

rotinaj posted:

Pro wrestling always needs a big fat guy in a professional wrestler mask(NOT a Lucha mask) going “RARR”

Always

please dont put Matt Classic on my tv

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

please dont put Matt Classic on my tv

Ok Phil.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

It's funny looking back because initially Schiavone had to be drug to the desk at gunpoint then proceeded to spend his entire first night just marking the gently caress out. Live feed of a man suddenly remembering why he used to love wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's funny looking back because initially Schiavone had to be drug to the desk at gunpoint then proceeded to spend his entire first night just marking the gently caress out. Live feed of a man suddenly remembering why he used to love wrestling.

I still remember how happy he was when he found out people call the move the Vader Bomb now.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This is a very small thing but a couple of weeks ago somebody busted out a cross arm breaker and Tony Schiavone called it that, then Taz goes "I prefer to call it a jugi gatame but to each their own." And Tony then tried to say it but flubbed it.

At Dynasty (I think during Roddy vs Kyle) there was a cross arm breaker and Tony goes "the jugi gatame!" and I 100% imagine him turning to Taz and smiling a big old smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

if you're ever at a live show it's very common to see Taz and Tony popping the hell out of each other and frantically reaching for their cough buttons :3: