Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

HE SOLD FOR THE BABY!

Whole body launched into the air, amazing :lol:

And that baby? Unstuck In Time Archibald Peck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

I was part of that chop line! I think I might be seen in the background of that gif.

Gavok was the baby

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mixed martial archie was a better mma gimmick than double j double m a

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1773240490185420810

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OH MY GOD

E:

https://i.imgur.com/o64Lr4d.mp4

"Chuck Taylor™ gets chopped by a line of fans including a baby"

Oooooh I wish so hard I had been watching wrestling when Chikara was a thing, god drat, this feels precisely like my jam.

this whole story and the gif are amazing

I should have watched chikara

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

To go with the Chikara loving.

https://twitter.com/JigsawWRESTLING/status/1773552148552241289

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
That match was absurd. Just 4 dudes seeing how far the dial went.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

One of these things is not like the others.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lid posted:

Only one was Vulture Squad material

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
That match is still absolutely one of the best single matches to get someone into wrestling in under 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XesuznnHaA

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Miss her so bad
https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1773584466780225606

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lid posted:

Sorry, but unlike the others Ibushi is never gonna wear longbois.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Hell no, jigsaw more than held his own in that match.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
He did great. It's just funny how the three others went to become near top players in their respective top-3 companies.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Please don't remind me of the Vulture Squad, sight of one of Gabe's all-time dumbest (wrestling related) decisions, taking the mask off Jigsaw.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

Please don't remind me of the Vulture Squad, sight of one of Gabe's all-time dumbest (wrestling related) decisions, taking the mask off Jigsaw.

I fully expected Julius to go,"Oh... nevermind" after Jigsaw responded to,"TRANSFORM! TRANSFORM! TRANSFORM!" by ripping his mask off.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Orange Carlisle posted:

this whole story and the gif are amazing

I should have watched chikara

On the upside, it feels like the spirit of Chikara is still alive in AEW through guys like Orange Cassidy, the Best Friends, Stokely and Willow. I love Tony Khan for giving them a platform to be weird on.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

On the upside, it feels like the spirit of Chikara is still alive in AEW through guys like Orange Cassidy, the Best Friends, Stokely and Willow. I love Tony Khan for giving them a platform to be weird on.

I'll never, never get tired of seeing Bryce Remsburg on TV. It's so funny looking at the card of the one CHIKARA show I was able to attend live (which I went to specifically for Ultramantis as he's one of my favorite wrestlers ever) and realizing the main event was 3.0, El Generico, & Gran Akuma vs. the Bravados & The Young Bucks.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am personally just surprised jigsaw didn’t land somewhere in a big company’s curtain jerkers

He was perfectly cromulent at being a jobber, but I kinda forgot about him existing after AEW began

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I still hope for the day we get some kind of Ultramantis appearance in AEW. I know he only does things every now and then but he has all of the connections with everyone in AEW and it’d make me so happy. Let him guest star on the Halloween (or Christmas) episode, Tony!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Jigsaw was on TNA very very briefly as "Rubik", which is just :allears:

Ganso Bomb posted:

I still hope for the day we get some kind of Ultramantis appearance in AEW. I know he only does things every now and then but he has all of the connections with everyone in AEW and it’d make me so happy. Let him guest star on the Halloween (or Christmas) episode, Tony!

God, same. I know he only does punk shows and hates any mainstream wrestling apparently and I get it but gently caress he's a top five all time favorite for me and always will be.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

oh wow this owns

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its a very good match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XesuznnHaA

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

AEW should completely rip off the old Ministry of Darkness/Higher Power angle but instead it’s the House of Black and the Higher Power is Ultramantis Black.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'll never, never get tired of seeing Bryce Remsburg on TV. It's so funny looking at the card of the one CHIKARA show I was able to attend live (which I went to specifically for Ultramantis as he's one of my favorite wrestlers ever) and realizing the main event was 3.0, El Generico, & Gran Akuma vs. the Bravados & The Young Bucks.

Oh yeah, I always keep forgetting that Bryce is such a long time veteran who's done it all. And I also keep thinking back to when Ruby debuted in AEW and won her first match, then saw Bryce was the ref and flipped her poo poo. It was such a sweet moment :kimchi:

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Whatever happened with Jigsaw anyway? That guy should’ve done more

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
He fell and broke into a thousand pieces.

(I don't know what actually happened)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Iirc he’s married, has kids and a job that doesn’t involve brain damage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jigsaw was someone who was pretty good but didn't really have a good look in or out of the mask. The Jigsaw mask looked kind of cool in standard definition but upclose did not look good at all, combined with the rest of the gear he was a very generic indie guy when he made a first impression on most people.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

More multiman matches should be elimination style.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

Iirc he’s married, has kids and a job that doesn’t involve brain damage.

That is kind of a nice coda. Not everyone has to be a lifer, dude found his ceiling and made some baller memories.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love how it sounds like commentary just completely loses their poo poo at the diving DDT through the turnbuckles and drops their headsets, just yelling in disbelief off mic. What a loving wild match.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

The story in that Iron Man/Woman match was so good

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The one Chikara show I attended had a main event of Eddie Kingston/Frightmare/Hallowicked/UMB/3.0/Gran Akuma/Donst vs. Jimmy Jacobs/Kevin Steen/The Briscoes/The Bucks/The Bravado Brothers and Shard vs. Fire Ant on the undercard so that really lives on in AEW (and I guess, Chase U)

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Ganso Bomb posted:

I love how it sounds like commentary just completely loses their poo poo at the diving DDT through the turnbuckles and drops their headsets, just yelling in disbelief off mic. What a loving wild match.

That's Bryce Remsburg losing his mind on commentary!

This match is probably the most important wrestling match to me and kickstarted my love for wrestling as an adult. In fact it's that diving DDT that did it lol, it blew my mind. But the energy here was off the charts and I'd never seen anything like it before.

I posted about it on some Facebook group ages ago and Bryce added me as a friend which was cool, I shot him a message one day before driving out to my first live wrestling show, saying that his energy calling that match was a big part of that excitement for me, and he replied with a really earnest thank you message. Big fan of that guy

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rotinaj posted:

That is kind of a nice coda. Not everyone has to be a lifer, dude found his ceiling and made some baller memories.

According to Kingston, Jigsaw has a family and a sweet union job in NY sanitation and is basically done with wrestling.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I know he only does punk shows and hates any mainstream wrestling apparently and I get it but gently caress he's a top five all time favorite for me and always will be.

Mantis is a weirdly principled guy and doesn't want to work for a billionaire (minus his cameo in Sinclair-era ROH, I guess) so we're likely never getting him in AEW. He does book Orange and some other AEW guys on his indie shows though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ibexaz posted:

That's Bryce Remsburg losing his mind on commentary!

I did recognize Bryce, couldn’t place the other voice. Lenny Leonard? That’s a name I’ve always heard but isn’t a voice I know I can place.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/SGWug/status/1773736717909901357

Better than that Mel Gibson poo poo

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Goddamn just gently caress gravity I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

According to Kingston, Jigsaw has a family and a sweet union job in NY sanitation and is basically done with wrestling.

Mantis is a weirdly principled guy and doesn't want to work for a billionaire (minus his cameo in Sinclair-era ROH, I guess) so we're likely never getting him in AEW. He does book Orange and some other AEW guys on his indie shows though.

Mantis also has a solid day job, he's a librarian