Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I felt like they got much more critical of the WWE in the second season of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

boffo poffo!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They did it – they created a show I'd actually be interested in and didn't put it on the Network/Peacock, but they went and gave it the two most insufferable dipshit hosts they could fathom.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1364294116138491905

quote:

“WWE’s Most Wanted Treasures” takes viewers on a journey to find some of WWE’s most iconic, lost memorabilia. In each of the nine episodes, WWE’s Stephanie McMahon and Paul “Triple H” Levesque lead a team of collectors, WWE Superstars and Legends as they investigate, negotiate, bid and travel across the country to hunt down and reclaim some of the most elusive WWE collectibles. Throughout history, WWE’s action-packed storylines have spawned iconic, one-of-a-kind memorabilia, most of which have gone missing. Superstar in training, AJ Francis will head out on the road alongside some of the most famous WWE Legends of all time including The Undertaker, Ric Flair, Charlotte Flair, Mick Foley, Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, Jerry “The King” Lawler, Booker T, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Sgt. Slaughter. The series will unearth these rare items in the hopes of preserving and sharing the legacy behind the memorable moments in WWE history.

Maybe they'll only be loosely involved as hosts at the beginning and end of each episode. Interesting to note that Jake Roberts is named as being a guest on the show. Was this shot like 5 years ago and they're just getting around to putting it somewhere now?

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 23, 2021

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

WWE just going "gently caress it, we're old-person TV" and starting an antiquing brand

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That seems like it should be in a different thread, probably the WWF thread.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean maybe, but it's also social media so Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Its all one big thread about wrestling IMO. excepting stardom fan posts, those people are deviants

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is there something about Stardom that I need to know :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Let's turn the forum into just one thread covering all promotions. Let anarchy rule :unsmigghh:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Let's turn the forum into just one thread covering all promotions. Let anarchy rule :unsmigghh:

HANG THE TORIES!

And how WWE - release Matt Cardona who knew a whole bunch about wrestling memorabilia and could have probably provided some contacts and found some hidden gems, and instead give credit to Hunter and Steph.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

That seems like it should be in a different thread, probably the WWF thread.

Oh no what's the bad thing that could happen from that?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

More topics have been added to Dark Side of the Ring Season 3 (new ones in bold)

• [WCW/NJPW Collision In Korea event from 1995

Five more topics to be announced plus there's a special on March 9th going behind the scenes with an interview with the creators

drat I love anything made about that bizarre show so I'm looking forward to this

Ganso Bomb posted:

They did it – they created a show I'd actually be interested in and didn't put it on the Network/Peacock, but they went and gave it the two most insufferable dipshit hosts they could fathom.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1364294116138491905

Maybe they'll only be loosely involved as hosts at the beginning and end of each episode. Interesting to note that Jake Roberts is named as being a guest on the show. Was this shot like 5 years ago and they're just getting around to putting it somewhere now?

If there was ever a show outside of his youtube show that Zack Ryder was born to host it's this one. What awful timing and host choices.

CobiWann posted:

HANG THE TORIES!

And how WWE - release Matt Cardona who knew a whole bunch about wrestling memorabilia and could have probably provided some contacts and found some hidden gems, and instead give credit to Hunter and Steph.

Yeah, this.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh no what's the bad thing that could happen from that?

It seems like it would be more interesting than whatever boring iteration of "wwf is bad" is currently happening, given that it is a wwf show being produced by the wwf.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I didn't want to interrupt the regularly scheduled discussion in that thread about Charlotte and the different ways she's dangerous and bad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I put it there because I have buttons that let me idk :shrug:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orange Carlisle posted:

If there was ever a show outside of his youtube show that Zack Ryder was born to host it's this one. What awful timing and host choices.

Didn't he pitch a show like this or some kind of action figure show, get turned down, then eventuality released?

I imagine he and Meyers wanted to basically turn their figure hunting stuff into a whole show which I would absolutely have watched. Anything related to collecting old wrestling junk is basically a guaranteed watch for me.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Looking forward to the ep where they discover the makeup and costumes from the Nation of Domination parody

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn't he pitch a show like this or some kind of action figure show, get turned down, then eventuality released?

I imagine he and Meyers wanted to basically turn their figure hunting stuff into a whole show which I would absolutely have watched. Anything related to collecting old wrestling junk is basically a guaranteed watch for me.

Now that they’re out on their own, Cardona and Myers actually do this on their YouTube channel. It’s funny to see Cardona get all itchy about figs. Latest episode he ended up buying a bunch of maximum sweat figs.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hunter and Steph will find Shane’s lockbox.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Der-Wreck posted:

Now that they’re out on their own, Cardona and Myers actually do this on their YouTube channel. It’s funny to see Cardona get all itchy about figs. Latest episode he ended up buying a bunch of maximum sweat figs.

I was a big fan of the time he bought an old AWA ring and the canvas had a tear in it. Just silly poo poo.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Ganso Bomb posted:

They aired a couple episodes of a show of him and Hawkins doing just that on the network a few years back. It was quite fun, so of course they never made more of them and now two people in charge of the company stole the idea lolol

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Royal Updog posted:

Queen are p. good, but Sparks did it better & earlier

That's what's updog

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They're not even going to "find" anything. They'll pick poo poo out of the warehouse and bring it to different retired legends/stunt grannies/whatever pre-selected/scouted shooting locations and then film it. Close to how American Pickers does it except nobody's going to make any money selling something back to the company.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mob posted:

They're not even going to "find" anything. They'll pick poo poo out of the warehouse and bring it to different retired legends/stunt grannies/whatever pre-selected/scouted shooting locations and then film it. Close to how American Pickers does it except nobody's going to make any money selling something back to the company.

Yeah but the stuff in the warehouse is still all very cool

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah but the stuff in the warehouse is still all very cool

Yeah I miss the Warehouse/Archivist guy's tweets, that's what definitely needs its own show

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Functionally, it's a weird complaint because the point of a hidden treasures show is to showcase interesting/weird stories. And there are plenty of those in the history of wrestling crap.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would prefer the show without the hook of "finding lost poo poo." Just make it a show about organizing and cataloguing this weird poo poo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/fakekinkade/status/1364423211044261889

The Itoh Respect Army grows.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Maki Itoh, uniting the world of professional wrestling.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle posted:

drat I love anything made about that bizarre show so I'm looking forward to this

Yeah, this.

This show’s concept was one of the ones that was proposed on a WWE Fan Council poll and Ryder did a salty tweet about pitching a very similar concept for the Network and getting rejected

I would not be shocked if that pitch was the genesis of this final product

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1364390168258482176

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

me and the rock had similar childhoods. we both did not kill my little brother with a piledriver

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

little siblings in the 80s really had it rough, at least when i was a kid the moves my older brothers liked to do were rock bottoms and chokeslams

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tired: every random indie runs an angle pretending someone's in the nWo

Wired: every random indie runs an angle pretending someone's in the Bullet Club

Inspired: every random indie runs an angle pretending someone's in the Itoh Respect Army

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Marvel's Secret Invasion except instead of Skrulls, it's members of the Itoh Respect Army

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Perspired: every fed is in Julius Smokes' Vulture Club

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

Perspired: every fed is in Julius Smokes' Vulture Club

I'm still sad that after Smokes screamed,"TRANSFORM! TRANSFORM!" till Jigsaw took off his mask, Smokes didn't just quietly go,"Uhhh... nevermind man...."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Unmasking Jigsaw remains one of the absolute dumbest things Gabe has done in wrestling. Not quite as bad as the fiasco with Feinstein & claiming he was no longer involved when he actually was just waiting to see if it'd blow over but loving hell.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1364419172617232389?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I just want to see the blimps...